Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easy copy of files from flash drive to hard drive

• 27-01-2010 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,
    i regularly download documents for college onto my usb stick on the college computers, then when i go home, i copy them onto my laptop. Copying and pasting is getting a bit tiresome so is there any way that the usb stick would just automatically copy the files over to the hard drive when i plug it in?
    running win7 btw

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I'm sure you can drag and drop or right click>send to>

You can preselect several files and move them in one go I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

add a shortcut to whatever folder you copy them to into the "C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME\SendTo" folder and you can just right click the files / folder on your usb drive and send to then :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C26EFA36-98E0-4EE9-A7C5-98D0592D8C52&displaylang=en

Not quite no effort but very little, open it and run. Setup the USB folder as the left folder and the laptop folder as the right. Just be sure to select the copy new files but don't delete missing files(Contribute) option for the USB.

Advertisement