Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Problem

• 27-01-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

Perhaps someone can offer help,the techs at NTL are useless..

Ever since i gotten 10MB package 6 months ago i have not been happy with the service. When i test the speed it seems ok. The problem is,it seems like my connection is dropping every several minutes. It is especially annoying when watching a stream then the connection freezes lags every 10 secs or here are my tests

8974887.png
    696555151.png

When i run pingtest in cmd there doesnt appear pocket loss?! What gives, any suggestions? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Apparently, turning off the firewall in the router solves the high packet loss..

However, not sure if it fixes the streaming issues. Does the video stop-start or does the router lose connection to the internet completely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Yeah turn off the firewall in the router and it should solve the problem. The packet loss would explain the streaming problems etc as it has to resend lost packets again etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lukep13

How would exactly turn off the firewall in the router?!:confused: Have the Cisco EPC2425

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

type in 192.168.1.1 in your browser and it will bring you into your router settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lukep13

I think problem solved?! Thanks!

8977587.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement