Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand for Summer 2010

Options
  • 27-01-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

im going to thailand for a little over 2 months this summer,has anyone been there recently, how much do you think i will need for 2 months?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RawVeganBeauty

Hello!

I would like to go to Thailand also for a period of more than 60 days. So, according to the Thailand's Embassy web page, I need to apply for a visa. But this Tourist visa gives a permission to stay in the country for a period of no more than 60 days.:-((( But I really want to travel around the country for a bit longer to see things...:confused:

Does anyone know what should I do?

Any advice is much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Hello!

I would like to go to Thailand also for a period of more than 60 days. So, according to the Thailand's Embassy web page, I need to apply for a visa. But this Tourist visa gives a permission to stay in the country for a period of no more than 60 days.:-((( But I really want to travel around the country for a bit longer to see things...:confused:

Does anyone know what should I do?

Any advice is much appreciated!

I think you'd need a work permit to legally extend your visa.. but to save yourself the hassle just do a border run. pop into Laos for a day and head back on another 60 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RawVeganBeauty

Thanking you very much for your reply!!!:)

I was just posting a question here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64269063#post64269063

What do you think? I mean the ticket issue... Can I buy a return ticket where return date will be in around 3 months period?:confused:

Thanking you very much again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Jonny13 wrote: »
    im going to thailand for a little over 2 months this summer,has anyone been there recently, how much do you think i will need for 2 months?

How's it going mate, I was in Thailand for 8 weeks last summer. How much you should bring depends on how you're planning to live over there? Do you want to stay in decent hotels or hostels? Are you going to be backpacking or living the good life?

I would bring over at least €2,000 which should be plenty, but just to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 glee123

Hey,

gonna be in Thailand for around 16 days in June

Want to have a relaxing break with good weather! Can anyone recommend where weather will be good and nice resorts? would ye recommend avoiding Phuket? been in Thailand before and loved Koh Tao and the weather was great on Koh Pha ngan but gonna miss the full moon this time around!

any suggestions most welcome!

• Advertisement
Advertisement