Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account activated email anyone?

Options
  • 27-01-2010 5:53pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got an email stating the following

"Congratulations! You have successfully activated your Aion (Europe) game account." blah blah blah

The thing is i didnt reactivate my account or have any plans to do so.
    Im hoping its just an ongoing promotion, i tried to log onto my account to see whats going on but says details are wrong.
    I cant see anything of a promotion on the website either.

Anyone else get this or should i be suspiscious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Does it ask you to do / click anything?

The fact that you cant log in could mean you've been hacked...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Try doing a password reset. It could be someone activated your account to steal the shizzle on it, but unless they could tell there is valuable stuff on it I dont see why they'd take the risk randomly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I cant get into my account to change anything, says the details are wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Im guessing when your boards account was hacked someone logged into your email, got you aoin password and stole the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

use the recover my password option and see if you can get it back that way. If not, contact Aion and tell them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Sounds like the account got hacked, maybe connected to the recent boards attack, maybe not. There is a lot of phishing/compromised accounts going on at the moment. Definitely contact Aion customer support

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If your account has ben hacked and stolen, be thankful some other poor bastad is afflicted with a sub to that game, and that you are now free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Doubt it's boards related.I get the odd Wow account email exactly the same as yours even though i don't play the game but alas i don't click the links attached.If you clicked anything on the email leading you somewhere then you were keylogged i am afraid.Am still awaiting my reply to the wow ones too.
    All they wanted was either my full billing address with login/id or just login id. ;)

I guess
    id : i don't play wow
    pw : fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuu

Didn't get them a login....

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well ncsoft comfirmed my account was hacked but was long before i got said email.
    All sorted now,not that ive any plans to play this game again.

Thats the first time ive ever got hacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Dcully wrote: »
    Thats the first time ive ever got hacked.
    That you know off :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement