Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange Amp trouble

Options
  • 27-01-2010 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭

Heyyyo,

Using an orange ad30tc (combo) amp and the clean channel just dies the odd time....like i get the tiniest bit of volume when its fully cranked, doesnt always happen doh sooo..

Oh and sometimes it begins to hum and hiss a fair bit?

any advice?:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

Sounds like a valve problem. When did you last re-valve the amp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

ball ox wrote: »
    Sounds like a valve problem. When did you last re-valve the amp?
    Aye was thinkin the same....granted played perfect last nite for about two hours....

Emm had it in for a rewire about 3 months ago he said the valves are grand but now 3 months of road use and been in the van for a week in the could then to stage couldnt be great!.....

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

Aye was thinkin the same....granted played perfect last nite for about two hours....

Emm had it in for a rewire about 3 months ago he said the valves are grand but now 3 months of road use and been in the van for a week in the could then to stage couldnt be great!.....

Yeah I'd say it's a valve, especially if it was lying in a van during that cold spell. Saying that, the valves in my Orange have lasted longer than the valves in any other amp I've owned, they are built like tanks.
    Cold weather will destroy a hot valve in seconds though....

Advertisement