Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cathal O Searcaigh

Options
  • 27-01-2010 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

what are the chances either of his poems will appear on the paper after the well publicised scandel about him some years ago? I am considering leaving them out altogether... Your thoughts!?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Don't leave them out. It was decided at the time that the course wouldn't be changed to remove them. The hullabaloo has died down a lot since then as well. They're not the hardest poems on the course, and are fairly easy to answer on, so it'd be a pity if you couldn't because you left them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

His poems are obscenely easy, if you leave them out that's just criminal laziness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Yahooaccount

I think he should have been taken off the syllabus.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Wardy92

My teacher and grinds teacher both reckon Nil Aon Ni will come up. Its fairly easy anyway so i wud cover it just in case the one about the stripper isnt too bad either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

^ I've heard that it might possibly come up too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭anoda_username

Definitely don't leave out his poetry, it could still come up as like another user said the hullabulla has died down and his poetry is still on the syllabus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Ah no, Níl aon ní is tipped to come up from what I've been told. His poems are one of the easier ones. Tbh I can't see it causing any controversy if it does come up so it's very much a possibility I would think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Thanks for all the helpful replies :) I won't be leaving them out!
    As ye have said his poems are not the hardest and whilst they may have been tipped/predicted/due to come up I will try to ignore that and just have all my bases covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Do NOT leave O Searcaigh out!!
    He hasn't appeared in a few years but is strongly tipped for this year.

And to those who say he has been taken off the course he hasn't! Nil aon Ni, Maigdelana and another of his poems are being put on the new 2012 syllabus apparently!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

whilst they may have been tipped/predicted/due to come up I will try to ignore that and just have all my bases covered!

Too right, the Irish paper is near impossible to predict, though the whole predicting business a futile thing. They have no problem putting things on 2 years in a row or going totally against what everyone will think is coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

darragh-k wrote: »
    Too right, the Irish paper is near impossible to predict, though the whole predicting business a futile thing. They have no problem putting things on 2 years in a row or going totally against what everyone will think is coming up.

Paper 2 is very predictable.....except Stair, stair last year was just mean.

Advertisement