Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Side Soccer club

Options
  • 27-01-2010 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hello,

I'm looking for a soccer club on east side of the city. I'm a student but i'm too far from home to commit to my local club. well used to training twice a week. i've played for colleges and i've played in dublin and kerry leagues in the past. not a fan of 5 a side indoor or outdoor, would rather be involved in a proper club. would appreciate any info! i know it's half way through the season, which won't make it any easier, thanks anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Would all depend on few things like your standard,what you want from it(really competitive/social ect). and what area you'd travel to ie just east side or would you play for team near city centre ect..
    East side of city there is east utd, renmore, mervue utd and prob more i can't think of at moment..
    Give me more info and I'll try to help a little more..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 conor32

hey,
    I've played in premier, divisions 1 and 2 in kerry, i've an all ireland division 1 colleges medal from LIT, i've played in UCFL divisions 2 and 4 (i think) in dublin with terenure and schalke. I played with GMIT castlebar last year. i've done an fai senior intro coaching course. looking for something to do for the rest of the college year. i was thinking not too competitive, a team i could break into or at least figure for at least one half.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

conor32 wrote: »
    hey,
    I've played in premier, divisions 1 and 2 in kerry, i've an all ireland division 1 colleges medal from LIT, i've played in UCFL divisions 2 and 4 (i think) in dublin with terenure and schalke. I played with GMIT castlebar last year. i've done an fai senior intro coaching course. looking for something to do for the rest of the college year. i was thinking not too competitive, a team i could break into or at least figure for at least one half.
    Thanks

You sound half decent at football - Galway Utd are on the lookout for players this season:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Col200sx wrote: »
    You sound half decent at football - Galway Utd are on the lookout for players this season:D

Maybe thet are but i think mervue utd would be better for him and more what he's looking for... If you're interested you could call down to them in the clubhouse and they would put you in contact with the person you need to talk to about your interest... They are a friendly bunch and would just be like an informal chat..
    Hope this helps, let us know how you get on!!!!
    Ps, if you like I could get you incontact with one of the players if you want to chat with him about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 conor32

Thanks, i've go in contact with renmore, i'll see how that goes

• Advertisement
Advertisement