Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haggling- Renault Megane Coupe

• 27-01-2010 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,

I have decided to purchase a Renault Megane Coupe. With the double scrappage discount is there much room for haggling? I'm planning on going to a few garages. How much of a discount from the list price is normal? I just want an idea (before I attempt to haggle the price down) of what is a realistic figure to push for. List price is 22k. Renault are discounting this by 6,100 (their trade in and scrappge deal along with gov 1500). So if I'm already getting a new car for under 16k will the go below this again? Any advice would be great- I've never walked into a garage before so it's all new!!

Thks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I reckon you could push for a little more. The discount itself will most likely be coming from Renault rather than the dealers themselves, so they probably have a bit of a profit margin on them which you can haggle from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

There is no harm in asking but it will be an uphill struggle as they'll point out that you're getting a triple discount already. Better asking for something easier such as free servicing or the old reliable car mats :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

As has been said, there's pretty big discounts off list at the moment so you might not get a whole lot more. I've been looking at Renault myself and there's not a huge amount of play, although I did get a €1,000 difference between 2 places for the same car. Car mats come with the new Renaults apparently.

Advertisement