Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is online poker Rigged in any sort of way

Options
  • 27-01-2010 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Here is probably the most asked question again you all know that my da and ma probably spend th best part of 8 to 12 hrs playing online and in thier opinion every site is rigged to get the most cash out of the online players and also to increace the amount of variance of level of players. these site say because we are playing more hands per hour we tend to see more bad beats but has any one ever managed to work this out on a percentage scale where it can be compared. in doing this we probably must redefine a bad beat. i dont consider a bad beat to be anything more than 20% to 25% chance of someone sucking out on you but anything less than that might be considered a bad beat that is alittle hazy, so wat do you all think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

People have analysed multi-million hand databases and found everything as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Here is probably the most asked question again you all know that my da and ma probably spend th best part of 8 to 12 hrs playing online and in thier opinion every site is rigged to get the most cash out of the online players and also to increace the amount of variance of level of players. these site say because we are playing more hands per hour we tend to see more bad beats but has any one ever managed to work this out on a percentage scale where it can be compared. in doing this we probably must redefine a bad beat. i dont consider a bad beat to be anything more than 20% to 25% chance of someone sucking out on you but anything less than that might be considered a bad beat that is alittle hazy, so wat do you all think
    Personally I think your nuts Graham:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 grahamasters

zuutroy wrote: »
    People have analysed multi-million hand databases and found everything as it should be.
    who are these people and have they published anykind of results in wich sectptics like me can read

yeah damo of course im NUT but its genetic nothing we can do about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Tis all above board except that iPoker network.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭72over

zuutroy wrote: »
    This.

You only here talk like that from losing players. If they spent 1/2 as much time and effort to work on their game as they do moaning and degen'ing it up they would begin to make da monies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 grahamasters

72over wrote: »
    This.

You only here talk like that from losing players. If they spent 1/2 as much time and effort to work on their game as they do moaning and degen'ing it up they would begin to make da monies.

the diffrence is im making money playing live but say im breaking even playing online. there doesnt seem to be much differance in the way im playing. where as dave my bro seems to either break even or make money online and didnt make too much playing live last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Last night first I lost a coin flip with AK vs a guy with JJ. Just 5 minutes later, I got JJ, push, and the SAME guy calls me with AK and hits the K on the river! I was suppose to win 50% of the times, but lost both! Then don't tell me that online poker is not rigged!!! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

TripleAce wrote: »
    Last night first I lost a coin flip with AK vs a guy with JJ. Just 5 minutes later, I got JJ, push, and the SAME guy calls me with AK and hits the K on the river! I was suppose to win 50% of the times, but lost both! Then don't tell me that online poker is not rigged!!! :eek: :pac:

Last night I had pocket 5's and got another 5 on the flop. Pushed all in and some idiot called me but won with a back door flush. Next hand I had pocket jacks and did the same, flopped a set, same guy calls me with connected rags yet again and gets a back door flush. I was pretty mad to say the least. But I know it is not rigged, just keep getting bad beats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Last night I had pocket 5's and got another 5 on the flop. Pushed all in and some idiot called me but won with a back door flush. Next hand I had pocket jacks and did the same, flopped a set, same guy calls me with connected rags yet again and gets a back door flush. I was pretty mad to say the least. But I know it is not rigged, just keep getting bad beats.

Those hands, you gotta fold them preflop. You only flopped a set..... :pac:

By the way, I got a friend of a friend of a friend who once in 2006 lost with a flopped set against an overset...how rigged is that??? :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

TripleAce wrote: »
    Those hands, you gotta fold them preflop. You only flopped a set..... :pac:

By the way, I got a friend of a friend of a friend who once in 2006 lost with a flopped set against an overset...how rigged is that??? :eek:

What's online poker coming too....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭72over

the diffrence is im making money playing live but say im breaking even playing online. there doesnt seem to be much differance in the way im playing. where as dave my bro seems to either break even or make money online and didnt make too much playing live last year.
    You seem to be missing the point. You speak as if nobody is making money from online poker apart from the online poker companies which is just wrong altogether. Online poker is a lot tougher than live. If you put the work in you will advance. Study your game, post hands you are having difficulty with as well as actively participating in hands others have posted, be aware of why you are playing etc etc...the list is endless.

Bowing out of this thread, GL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Post number 2 has it, sorry to lock but these threads crop up every now and then and descend into silliness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement