Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this a bargain or even a good deal?

• 27-01-2010 7:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I saw today in tesco that they have for €250, a 22'' Cello LCD TV with built in dvd player. it says its HD ready up to 1080i I think it was. It also says its freeview ready, but does that matter to us in the ROI?

So is this a good deal for someone looking for a bedroom tv for college for playing xbox and watching a bit of tv on? If not any other offers in other stores to recommend?

EDIT: I think this is it: http://www.officeshop.ie/StoreFront/Cello-22-inch-LCD-TelevisionDVD-Black-C2297F-P-325963

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dr.TV

Digitalism wrote: »
    It also says its freeview ready, but does that matter to us in the ROI?

Means nothing down in the republic, unless you are very close to the boarder. Be sure to check website like pixmania.ie and komplett.com for good deals on tv's. do make sure that you are getting a year warranty and what to do if it does break down. I've never heard of cello myself, but whats the difference these days, they are all made by the same people :) Sounds good enought to me anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Cool thanks for the reply. Ive heard that about tvs being made by same people but would that mean the display be EXACTLY the same as a 22inch made by like LG? Or any differences in picture quality?

Also is it true samsung make their own displays?

Im thinking of having a look in currys, are they good for deals on tvs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

You're better off sticking with brand names. Panel is only part of the TV - You also have to consider overall build quality & reliability, connections, user interface, picture & sounds control, and manufacturer warranty.

You'll find better service in dedicated stores than box-shifters.
    Richersounds, Alliance Electrical etc, have a presence on boards or talk to your local AV retailer. You'll save money by buying online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I think I got a good deal today, I got a Sony Bravia 23" KDL 23B4050 for €195 in Currys today. Good deal?

Advertisement