Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone driving me round the twist, need advice

Options
  • 27-01-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

hi , i got a samsung m1 from my girlfriend for xmas , after a few days i noticed the screen freezing while i was in an app and i got an incoming call. also a certain amount of my calls were getting user powered off message.i have got my girlfriend to ring me standing beside me , id have full signal and she got user powered off message so i brought it back to vodafone nutgrove , i was told by an obnoxious rude and downright insulting member of staff that there was nothing wrong with the phone that he could see , all in his expert analysis in 5 minutes .he told me if he found nothing wrong with the phone he couldn't exchange it.once the seal on the box was broken theres no exchanges or refunds. my patients were running low so i asked for the manager who happened to be in earshot of all this. she on the other hand was very helpfull more out of embaressment for her rude employee. the phone was sent off for 3 weeks to be repaired and came back with no problem found. so off i went with the phone and in a matter of hours the same problems arise again. i have brought the phone back again and they have sent it off again .in the mean time i emailed head office to explain my situation , they have since got back to me and said theres no record of my phones eimi number going for repair,im confused now. what can i do if they come back again and say theres not a problem with the phone AGAIN . when i know there obviously is.any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Okay so this may or may not help but (and I work in a phone shop):

If they have no record of the imei going back for repair, it probably went back to the company that supplied it to be tested to see was it faulty (check the documents if they were given to you when you got the phone back), therefore there would be no record of it.

Secondly if when you get it back this time they still can't find the fault, try getting a video clip of it freezing on someone elses phone: this way you have proof and it should be enough to get you a new phone. I know its not ideal by any means, but at least you will be getting what you want out of it: a new phone. Especially if there's someone nice in store helping: half the time faults don't show up in store and if you can prove it :D

Finally try dropping Paul in the Vodafone forum a mail.... he might be able to help you too??

Good Luck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

cyning wrote: »
    Okay so this may or may not help but (and I work in a phone shop):

If they have no record of the imei going back for repair, it probably went back to the company that supplied it to be tested to see was it faulty (check the documents if they were given to you when you got the phone back), therefore there would be no record of it.

Secondly if when you get it back this time they still can't find the fault, try getting a video clip of it freezing on someone elses phone: this way you have proof and it should be enough to get you a new phone. I know its not ideal by any means, but at least you will be getting what you want out of it: a new phone. Especially if there's someone nice in store helping: half the time faults don't show up in store and if you can prove it :D

Finally try dropping Paul in the Vodafone forum a mail.... he might be able to help you too??

Good Luck! :D

thanks i never tought of taking a video clip. well i guess if they return it still without finding the problem . i will have to resort to that. what ever happened to the time when the customer was always right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

almanu wrote: »
    thanks i never tought of taking a video clip. well i guess if they return it still without finding the problem . i will have to resort to that. what ever happened to the time when the customer was always right.

Afraid not :rolleyes: but I know I often have phones returned to me where I can't see the faults and this is a LIFESAVER. I can prove the phone is faulty and you get your new phone/refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

read this
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055784696

you are entitled to a refund/replacement if the same fault occurs after repair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

hussey wrote: »
    read this
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055784696

you are entitled to a refund/replacement if the same fault occurs after repair

thats just the thing hussey , there saying they cant find a fault in the first place , when i know there is . i might just wait till its returned and video it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement