Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Service

• 27-01-2010 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi all,

Looking to service my VW Golf '04 petrol. Anywhere in Waterford City that would do it for around 100 euro?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

that Car Clinic place handed in leaflets through the door recently about some offer, any car, any model etc for under 100 i'm sure it was..cant find a leaflet now i need it but you could try Googling them

edited to add: just found this thread with a number on it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59564193

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Big J

Car Clinic did a standard service on my '00 petrol Vectra last August for just under €80.

Can't fault their work. They did suggest a new auxiliary belt and coolant top up which cost another €100 but the coolant was a bit low and the belt may never have been done before. They certainly didn't push me to have the work done.

Nicest thing was that my partner took the car in both times as I was at work and they clearly explained everything to her rather than the women know nothing about cars attitude too many places have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Martin Barrett in the Skoda garage (Catherine Street) serviced our VW Passat for €99. Their diagnostic equipment is set up to service VW as well as Skoda because the engines are the same.
    Very pleased with the service. Staff very pleasant & helpful too. Definitely not out to rip you off like some places ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

would ya not just get the service kit and do it yourself? You would be surprised at how easy it is to do it. Plugs air filter oil and filter etc, dont even take long to do it and saves ya a few pound .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 haydo333

I would service it myself but i cant reset the computer so the car knows its serviced! Modern technology is a head wrecker :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭jonnycwh

give Sean a shout. He knows his vw! 085 7769161

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

if you search the posts on the motor forum you can find out how to reset the service light it very easy you can do it yourself throught the instruments on the dashboard!! i,m assuming its the mk v and not the mk iv your driving

Advertisement