Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Camera

Options
  • 27-01-2010 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey all, hope ye can help!

I got a camera at Christmas- its a Casio- and I used it Christmas day and New Years Eve. On NYE, wheni turned it off, the shutter wouldn't close, its working, but defective really.
    So i took it back to the shop, within the 30 day money back guarantee, and according to the manager, it wasn't defective- they brought it into the back, and when it came back out the shutter was closed. The assistant said that if something did go wrong again, I would bring it back and they would send it for repair.

Today, I turned it on, and the same thing is happening, except the optic lens thing that comes out of the camera isnt coming out, its stuck, and the shutter wont close! So I want to bring it back to the shop- under the warranty- and get it sorted.

Am I entitled to a refund/replacement, or do they have to send it off?? I really need the camera over the next few weeks, but since this is the second time I am having trouble with it, I really want it replaced, or even better refunded/credit note, so I can buy a new one!!
    Advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Bluebell55 wrote: »
    Hey all, hope ye can help!

I got a camera at Christmas- its a Casio- and I used it Christmas day and New Years Eve. On NYE, wheni turned it off, the shutter wouldn't close, its working, but defective really.
    So i took it back to the shop, within the 30 day money back guarantee, and according to the manager, it wasn't defective- they brought it into the back, and when it came back out the shutter was closed. The assistant said that if something did go wrong again, I would bring it back and they would send it for repair.

Today, I turned it on, and the same thing is happening, except the optic lens thing that comes out of the camera isnt coming out, its stuck, and the shutter wont close! So I want to bring it back to the shop- under the warranty- and get it sorted.

Am I entitled to a refund/replacement, or do they have to send it off?? I really need the camera over the next few weeks, but since this is the second time I am having trouble with it, I really want it replaced, or even better refunded/credit note, so I can buy a new one!!
    Advice?
    you are protected by your statutory rights which allow for the retailer to offer you a repair replacement or refund but they will most likely insist on a repair first. dont let them fob you off by saying you have to return it to the manufacturer as it is the retailer your contract is with.

you could insist on a replacement and state that they have already repaired it on your first trip back to the store

and i would be worried about what the store person did in the back room, it most likely involved them forcing the shutter closed to send you away without them having to send the camera for repair.

also be aware that the 30 day money back guarantee that shops offer is usually only if you have changed your mind and does not apply for defective/faulty products which are covered by your statutory rights.

Advertisement