Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5530 firmware updating

• 27-01-2010 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

So I have firmware v11.0.54, which has been on the phone since I got in October. I'm trying to update with the Nokia Software Updater but its saying I have the latest updates already. I know there has been at least one update so far (v20.0.080) so how come nothing is coming up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

TheRiddler wrote: »
    So I have firmware v11.0.54, which has been on the phone since I got in October. I'm trying to update with the Nokia Software Updater but its saying I have the latest updates already. I know there has been at least one update so far (v20.0.080) so how come nothing is coming up?

You bought it from a network here im guessing. They haven't got the new firmware yet. The way around this is to change the product code. You can click my sig for help, or just ask if you want more info. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

Damn you Meteor! Changing the product code is it simple enough? Will a quick Google solve my problems?

TheRiddler wrote: »
    Damn you Meteor! Changing the product code is it simple enough? Will a quick Google solve my problems?

Its pretty simple yes. Like i said, their is info in my sig. Its exactly the same as the n97 or 5800, just input a different product code.

What colour handset do you have? I will post the product code for you

Thanks for your help! Black and red

0573223 will get you 20.0.080.

As soon as you update, you can change your product code back to the original. Changing your product code does technically invalidate the warranty, but i haven't heard of any problems where they enforced it.

And dont forget to backup all your numbers etc, i dont think the 5530 has UDP

• Advertisement

Thanks you have saved a lot of frustration! Nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Davy wrote: »

As soon as you update, you can change your product code back to the original. Changing your product code does technically invalidate the warranty, but i haven't heard of any problems where they enforced it.

Hi iv been trying to update to 20.0.080 , I downloaded nss but my phone doesnt show up in the search bit at the top right , im using windows 7 any ideas please ?

threein99 wrote: »
    Hi iv been trying to update to 20.0.080 , I downloaded nss but my phone doesnt show up in the search bit at the top right , im using windows 7 any ideas please ?

Does the device connect ok to ovi suite program?

Does the device connect ok to ovi suite program?

Yea it connects to that , no problem with that

Ok Iv got it working and done as your guide says , but when i go to update it still says no updates available, im on Meteor and its the red and black 5530 , any help at all would be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

can the 5530 Illuvial be updated by changing the product code ? what product code would have to be used if it can be?
    thanks

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    south wrote: »
    can the 5530 Illuvial be updated by changing the product code ? what product code would have to be used if it can be?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    thanks Davy i wasn't sure if the Illuvial was different

south wrote: »
    thanks Davy i wasn't sure if the Illuvial was different

Just cosmetically afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I altered the product code of my 5530 with NSS and updated the firmware to 20.0.080. However, even though the software said that the update was successful, the phone didn't reset to factory defaults after the update, the shortcuts bar has now disappeared and while the ""Telephone" & "Contacts" buttons are present and flash/vibrate when touched, nothing actually happens. When I perform a factory reset from the phone menu, everything's still the same :(

Has anyone experienced this or know of a solution? I've already re-installed the firmware via NSU without any luck. Alternatively, could someone provide the original product code for a N5530 on the Meteor Ireland network. I rather foolishly forgot to jot it down before changing the product code.

The reason that everything has till on the phone, is because it has UDP (User Data Preservation). You also have a memeroy card storage option, and a factory reset wont remove this data, just removes data on the C drive

You will find your product code, under the battery printed on the white label.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Thanks for your help, Davy. Although I was still at a loss as to why the 'Telephone' and 'Contacts' softkeys were unusable, along with the 'Shortcuts'. Turns out that it's a very common issue with the 5530, after a firmware update.

The solution is to hold down both the green and red call keys for 5 seconds and then release them. This will bring up the keypad and allow the hard reset code (*#7370#) to be entered.

Advertisement