Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the South Circular Road area like?

Options
  • 27-01-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I'm looking for some information and advice. I was looking at a property off South Circular Road, Church Avenue South to more precise and was wondering what this area is like to live in? I'm not very familiar with the area. All advice welcome.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 edugiansante

Im looking for some flats in this area too and am wondering how is it like to live. Is it a safe and sound area? :)

all feedback is welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Im looking for some flats in this area too and am wondering how is it like to live. Is it a safe and sound area? :)

all feedback is welcome

Good mix of old folks, students and a large non national population.
    It is a very busy area but I'd feel safe around there.
    Close to city centre, shops, pub/clubs etc.
    Plenty of bus routes operate in the area.

hey there, thanks for that!

I heard before about "south circular road" as a bad area but the road is huge so that region might better (and I might be confusing with north circular road :) )

hey there, thanks for that!

I heard before about "south circular road" as a bad area but the road is huge so that region might better (and I might be confusing with north circular road :) )

Well you mentioned Portobello so you must be talking about South Circular Road.

The section from Portobello/Haddington St to Clanbrassil St is fine.
    After that you are moving down towards Dolphins Barn.
    Not an area I have any problems with but I would not recommend to somebody unfamiliar with Dublin to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I wouldn't touch SCR west of Leonard's Corner (at junction of SCR and Clanbrassil Street).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Portobello is fine. Worset thing there is the noise on weekend nights if you live close or on Richmond St South.

Church Avenue South is in Rialto which is ok, but you definitely need to be street-wise.

(Have lived in both areas)

I wouldn't touch SCR west of Leonard's Corner (at junction of SCR and Clanbrassil Street).

Ha, and there was me trying to be diplomatic :)

the area I'm looking at is very close to the Irish Jewish Museum, near Portobello harbour.. good to hear that and yeah, I heard about Dolphins Barn area as being "not so good"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

There's no issue with SCR down to Rialto, then as a general rule it's to be avoided

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I live on the Kilmainham part of SCR which is just past James Hospital - lovely area to live in - nice and quite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 PaddyQ90

Hi all,

I am trying to find an apartment for 3 months from some friends of mine. They will be living in Dublin for the first time.

I am wondering what this area is like.

I am aware that SCR is not the best but it seems close to Portobello and Griffith, however it is also close to Dolphins Barn so I don't know.

Thanks for all your help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

PaddyQ90 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am trying to find an apartment for 3 months from some friends of mine. They will be living in Dublin for the first time.

I am aware that SCR is not the best but it seems close to Portobello and Griffith, however it is also close to Dolphins Barn so I don't know.

Thanks for all your help

I refer you to post #6 in this thread. [Like Zamboni, I prefer to be diplomatic.]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

PaddyQ90 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your help

I wouldn't say it's unsafe, but if I was you I would take a walk down there in the evening and see how you feel.

Advertisement