Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 10mb in D15?

• 27-01-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,
    I have UPC 10mb for nearly a year now. Ive also got a megaupload premium account, which I download most of my apps etc through. When I got it installed I was able to get about 6 or 7 mb download speeds, but over the last few months the fastest download speed I can get is about 1.4mb. Ive rang UPC a few times about it & they keep telling me to login to one of there UPC sites that test the download speed, then when I test the d/l speed its 10mb. But when Im downloading from any other sites its only between 1.2 & 1.4mb max. I can never get faster d/l. Ive tried unplugging my router & just using my cable modem, but it dosnt increase. I was thinking that UPC could be capping my speed, is that possible? Is there anything I can do to increase the d/l speed? I'd really appreciate if any of you guys can help me out.

Cheers & thanx for reading

Btw: all the above speeds are wired d/l speeds, the wireless speeds are a lot slower.

Comments

Advertisement