Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Naas

Options
  • 27-01-2010 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

Myself and my gf are thinking of buying a house in Naas. We're just wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding estates etc - we've been looking at Oakglade or New Caragh Court in particular? Also, how easy is it to commute to/from Dublin. I work in Portlaoise most of the time so it wouldn't be an issue for me, but my gf would be travelling to and from Dublin every day and I know the train station in Sallins is a good bit out of town. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

Oakglade would be a much nicer area than New Caragh- I wouldn't be a fan of any of the estates near the swimming pool but I guess that's just my opinion. Oakglade, Ban Na Greinne, Kingsview, the Paddocks, Craddockstown Way/Drive/etc are all nice- I would generally prefer that side of Naas (that's where I live!). I just find the whole Monread triangle to be such a large mass of houses and don't like the look of the estates around the swimming pool.

I commute to the IFSC everyday from Naas- drive to Red Cow and get Luas to Connolly- it takes about an hour/hour 10 mins depending on the traffic. Since you have to drive to Sallins to get the train I reckon you might as well drive to Red Cow because at least the Luas is 100% reliable and runs every 4 mins in the morning and evening.

Another option might be the JJ Kavanagh bus service- they are quicker and cheaper than the Bus Eireann buses. IMO getting the bus eireann bus right to IFSC everyday would be kinda torture because it takes a good hour not counting the time it takes you to get from your house to the bus stop and from bus stop to where you work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

SueWho has given you very good advice. I wouldnt leave my car at Sallins station, as there are alot broken into. My wife had hers broken into 3 times in one year. Seems the little ****es take the train out to the country :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Thanks for the advice - I asked some Naas residents and got the same response. Really liked the Oakglade house although we shouldn't get too carried away, it's the first place we looked at. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

New Caragh Court is fine. It's actually a lovely quiet estate that is very well maintained. And it has a bus service that serves the town and on into sallins too if necessary for the train. And it is much cheaper than houses on the Dublin side of Naas. Plus it is 2 minutes walk to a top class swimming pool and gym with 5aside pitches and hockey pitch. A lovely canal walk is the same distance and it is a ten minute walk to the centre of naas.

I highly recommend it.

Plus the gardens are huge!

Advertisement