Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorilla games?

Options
  • 27-01-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi people.
    I have to do a business project for college and i was wondering would it be a good idea to open something else like gorillia games. and can anyone remember why it closed down?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 r3nm0r3RASCAL

Do you really think its a good idea to open a business based on a business plan that has already failed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Man I miss Gorilla Games. It was so much fun and they had a really good loyalty card where you got every sixth visit free or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

my group was thinking it failed because of its location. we were looking for a site closer to town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

i used to work in Peter Pan which was where the eye cinema is now years and years ago...it did a bomb from childrens parties but we used to get a huge amount of the parents asking if it was possible to rent out the place in the evenings for themselves!
    so perhaps gorilla games location was the reason for their closure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

poolfan wrote: »
    my group was thinking it failed because of its location. we were looking for a site closer to town

No way was that the reason. Place was packed everyday and was in the heart land of suburban populace in Galway.

Claims off their insurance from injuries put their premium's through the roof, to the point were it just wasn't viable to stay in business. Inevitable if you ask me.
    Uncle shattered his leg in their and was wheelchair bound. Another mate had her neck broken and was bed ridden for quite a period of her 18th year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Do you really think its a good idea to open a business based on a business plan that has already failed?

If you can identify what the problem with the original plan was, and find a way to fix it, then YES it's a good idea to leverage on someone else's work. Far easier than thinking up a totally new idea yourself!

The OP is simply using boards.ie to do some research about the problem ... fair play to him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

in most things in life someone smart creates, a genius copies and enhances on the original idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I used to work in city limits, mental busy at the weekend, dead as a doormouse during the week.
    the location definitely the help the cause.

Advertisement