Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in Las Vegas

• 27-01-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im heading to Las Vegas in February.

I want to find out what clubs/pubs people really liked/hated and why?

Also anything else you recommend doing woudl be much appreciated.

Im heading with a big group from Saturday to Saturday.

Am staying in Treasure Island and Wynns Hotel. 3 Nites in each:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Firstly the hotels are an attraction in themselves it'd take you two days to have a quick browse around them. If I was going over again (for a fourth time!) I'd do as many shows as I could afford, they're unbelievably good (Beatles love show in the mirage is the best I've seen, la reve in wynn's also fantastic). Nightlife is a mixture between savage clubs (LAX being my favourite) and a load of places full of gob****es standing around looking trendy but having no craic (Blush in Wynn's, Studio54 in MGM being good examples).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Any top tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Try out this place: http://thegunstorelasvegas.com/ had a great time there.

Also try the helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon. I didnt get a chance to do it myself but I know people did. It is supposed to be great and beats an 8 hour round trip in a bus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

If you want to do a once in a lifetime thing then definitely go white water wrafting down the Garan Canyon, it is a fantastic day and an experience I will never forget! We did it combined with a helicopter ride over Gran Canyon and I know it was expensive but so worth it!

There is a bar called Coyote Ugly in New York, New York Hotel which is a good spot. As the name suggests it is like the film! And there is also the rollercoaster around the New York, New York which is a bit of crack.

We visited the Palms Hotel which is fantastic there are several clubs in ther and I think its $20 and you get access to all three. One of the bars has a roof terrace which has a glass floor over the side of the building.

The shopping outlets are good too if you're interested in that. Premium outlet is better than the other one (can't remember its name) but it would only take you 2-3hours to get around it. You can find some bargains.

We rented a hummer when we were there that drove us around the strip to do pub crawls. There was 8 of us and it was about $20 ahead but came supplied with beers and it was like a club hummer with strobe lighting and music- was good fun!

Even just walking through the different hotels you will find things to do. The lion display in the MGM, The Stratosphere Hotel has a rollercoaster and a skyjump from the 108th floor!

There is so much to do, you will never be bored!
    I just love Vegas and am hoping to get back before the end of the year!
    Hope you have an amazing time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 qambathilodge

Gamble lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement