Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Prepay

• 27-01-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭

Apologies for asking this here (I should go into a vodafone shop really, but can't wait for morning.. :D).

With Vodafone Prepay, once you top up by €20 a month, they offer 'free texts to any network' or 'free texts and calls to Vodafone' for that month. Their Prepay Internet / 360 Live section says it's €12.09 for accessing internet, and that also requires a €20 topup every month, and they will take the €12.09 off that topup.

So am I right in thinking that if I top up by €20 on say 1st of Feb, I will have one of the call/text options AND free unlimited (as long as its less than 100mb a day) internet for the month?

Thinking of moving wife and self from Meteor BillPay to Vodafone Prepay.

thanks a mil!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

my understanding is that instead of paying 99c for 50meg a day with the live apn it's 39c a day for the 100meg addon. this is a promotion until the end of the month.

they don't deduct the €12.09 all in one go, they've just done 31 days*39c and got their figure. it's explained on the page

http://www.vodafone.ie/vlive/internetmobile/
    If you buy a phone that's Vodafone 360 tailor-made or compatible, you'll probably start using data more often. With our new promotional Prepay bundle* you pay only up to €12.09 per month (based on 31 day month), deducted from your Prepay credit balance in equal amounts each day. You must top up by €20 in one month to get the bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks a mil!

This is all so confusing though! The text/call choice is "for life" if you sign up before end this month. Where as the internet 31c promotion is not, from what I gather?

So from 1st Feb onwards, they will take 39c for every day I access internet (download limit 50mb, and €1 per MB if I exceed :eek: ), and if I opt for the 360live, it will still cost me 39c, but download limit goes up to 100MB per day.

Again, a single top up of €20 a month, would qualify for both 360 live as well as the text/call option? If so, I think I will switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

positron wrote: »
    Thanks a mil!

This is all so confusing though! The text/call choice is "for life" if you sign up before end this month. Where as the internet 31c promotion is not, from what I gather?

So from 1st Feb onwards, they will take 39c for every day I access internet (download limit 50mb, and €1 per MB if I exceed :eek: ), and if I opt for the 360live, it will still cost me 39c, but download limit goes up to 100MB per day.

Again, a single top up of €20 a month, would qualify for both 360 live as well as the text/call option? If so, I think I will switch.

yes, as far as I understand that is correct. But you need a 360 handset. And you may wanna check out the Vf forum here and elsewhere...a LOT of people have all sorts of problems with the 360 service.

I will certainly give it a miss until I find better feedback. Having said that, I'm on Vf prepay, and since I mostly use opera mini to surf, even the 99c/day is a good enough deal. And often I just use the isp access point which is charged at 19 cent per mb...it really depends on what you're doing. How much on a given day etc etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭positron

Ah thanks for that - I hadn't realised 360 was restricted to a few selected handsets. I don't like that - I was hoping to continue using the current N95.

Ignoring 360 option, it looks like Meteor Prepay is offering same call/text deal for same €20 top up amount, and their data rate "appears" slightly cheaper if anything (2 to 99c for up to 50mb).

http://meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/

And Three's 3Pay deal gives this:
    Switch to 3Pay today and get free talk & text to any network, with every single top up.

Top up by €20 or more and get 200 free weekend minutes to any network, 300 any network anytime texts and free Skype to Skype calls from your mobile.

...Internet on every mobile, with access to social networking sites such as Bebo, Facebook and Twitter. And what's more, you’ll also get free Windows Live Messenger.

Twitter, Facebook & Skype is probably 50% of all internet access I need. The rest 50% would be all Google based (gmail, google reader & google finance may be). Three.ie says 'Free Google', I wonder what that really means?

Does anyone know if the 3Pay €9.99 1GB internet add-on would count towards the €20 top-up?

thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mr. Walker

positron wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the 3Pay €9.99 1GB internet add-on would count towards the €20 top-up?

thanks again!

As far as I know to get the add-on you go to planet 3 on your mobile or login to your account on three.ie. 9.99 is then taken off your credit balance which to me seams like it would count towards the €20 top-up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement