Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom ADSL Router Zyxel P-660HW-Tx, port forwarding

• 27-01-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Eircom are now shipping Zyxel routers Zyxel P-660HW-Tx instead of netopia for business broadband customers anyway.

My question is has anyone successfully implemented port forwarding in these units?

I am trying to forward TCP 5445 traffic but having no luck so far. I have the firewall on low and the forwarder in place to the LAN IP however it does not have an area where you specify TCP or UDP.

I have implemented these in older Zyxels however this one is not working.

Its a basic CCTV camera system used for remote access.

Anyone completed this task and have clear instructions apreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭B

Eircom are now shipping Zyxel routers Zyxel P-660HW-Tx instead of netopia for business broadband customers anyway.

My question is has anyone successfully implemented port forwarding in these units?

I am trying to forward TCP 5445 traffic but having no luck so far. I have the firewall on low and the forwarder in place to the LAN IP however it does not have an area where you specify TCP or UDP.

do u no the new password to access this new router i got one today for home use?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

B wrote: »
    do u no the new password to access this new router i got one today for home use?

Try

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ZyXEL/P-661HW-D1/P-661HW-D1index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Default admin password is broadband1 on cover of CD manual (pdf)

The sections concerning port forwarding are on pages 166 - 179 then more on NAT which is not really required in this case I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Got it sorted I had it completed OK, just failed to reboot the DVR unit. Doh!

Simple really add the rule in under port forwarding and away you go. Speed is pretty crap though, even considering this is suppose to be 6MB BB?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 best_before

I'm having a similar problem - I have one of these routers with a static IP, trying to see through it to a CCTV system. If you've sorted it would you mind posting a quick 'step-by-step'? I currently can't even ping the router remotely, so am kind of stuck.

TIA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 shekT

same problem here, here is what i've done:
    1) Log in to router control panel (typed in Default Gateway ip 192.168.1.254)
    2) Network > NAT > Port forwarding
    3) Select "user define" from Service Name drop down
    4) Filled in the fields (tick) Active; Service Name : Steam ; Start Port: 27000; End Port: 27050; Server IP Address: *whatever ip i entered to get into the control panel interface, in my case 192.168.1.254
    5) Apply
    6) Security > Firewall > selected LOW
    7) Check if port is opened from http://www.canyouseeme.org/ , i tried 27001 and its saying it's not opened "Error: I could not see your service on XX.XX.XX.XXX on port (27001)
    Reason: Connection timed out"

help plz:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭iknorr

theres loads of threads about this router in these forums .

Its very troublesome, contact eircom ask them for the updated firmware!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

shekT wrote: »
    4) Filled in the fields (tick) Active; Service Name : Steam ; Start Port: 27000; End Port: 27050; Server IP Address: *whatever ip i entered to get into the control panel interface, in my case 192.168.1.254
    5) Apply
    7) Check if port is opened from http://www.canyouseeme.org/ , i tried 27001 and its saying it's not opened "Error: I could not see your service on XX.XX.XX.XXX on port (27001)

Server IP address should be the IP address of the PC/server that you are using not "whatever ip i entered to get into the control panel interface, in my case 192.168.1.254
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shekT

Server IP address should be the IP address of the PC/server that you are using not "whatever ip i entered to get into the control panel interface, in my case 192.168.1.254
    "

Ok, tried that too but still not working :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Ok, tried that too but still not working :(

Did you try rebooting the router via the web interface - usually you need to do this for these changes to take affect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

can somebody put up a guide to forwarding ports on this router. there are guides on the web but not for the eircom layout!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tungsten Tide

oneill787 wrote: »
    can somebody put up a guide to forwarding ports on this router. there are guides on the web but not for the eircom layout!

Network > Local Network(LAN) > Client List
    Find the PC/iPhone or whatever.

add as a Server IP address like @pizzahead77 without the mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 korkkid

Did you try rebooting the router via the web interface - usually you need to do this for these changes to take affect.
    How do i do that on vodafone and eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 korkkid

"
    where can i get this it's different on some websites :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sly2000

5) Apply

What worked for me was; put the server address as the CCTV or computer address (in my case 192.168.1.67)
    But also a software restart of router is not sufficient. Plug out power of router for 30secs and then plug it but in.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Hi trying to get this working, can access dvr locally through dvr ip but cant connect from an outside network. canyou seeme says ports cannot be seen?
    Any help thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

eircom router was the problem in the end got same type new and everything working, Happy dayz:)

Advertisement