Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's to do in Loughrea?

Options
  • 27-01-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Just wondering if there are any good clubs in the area? Or what the local gym is like. just looking for something to do in the evenings. I have seen the local running club around in the evenings but im too unfit for that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

I'd highly recommend Dan O'Callaghan who is a personal trainer and also a Muaythai (Thai boxing) instructor. He runs classes in Loughrea, here is a link to his site http://www.forcefitness.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

There's a busy racquetball club in town, not sure who would be the best contact person, but they held their awards night in Moylan's in December so maybe ask in there if yer interested. The court is in the Temperance Hall and its freezing, but its very cheap and great craic to play.

Moving out here from Galway city (I'm from Loughrea) to try and save a few bob, anyone know of any local soccer kickabouts happening? And what's the story with the running club?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mflynn

Running club is called Fit4Life. Its organised by the Loughrea Athletic Club. Meet every Tuesday and Thursday at the Temperance around 7p.m. 50 euro for year to register. All levels welcome.

Advertisement