Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Calling Card for Ireland to Oz Mobile Calls?

Options
  • 27-01-2010 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Anyone know which is the best value for money calling card If I want to call from Ireland to an Australian mobile number? Just bought a First national card, €10 gets a whopping.......11 minutes! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

What network are you on in Ireland?

If you're on 3 bill pay, it may be worth looking into UK calling cards, and you would be able to call the UK access number as part of your inclusive minutes.

I don't know how much cheaper it'll work out, but I used telediscount.co.uk to call Australia (landlines only) and USA (mobile and landlines) and as part of my inclusive minutes. I'm afraid I don't think it'll work for mobiles, and none of this is relevent if you can't call the UK as part of your inclusive minutes as you'd be paying for the price of calling the UK too.

If you're on O2 prepay, it seems that it's just 35c per minute dialling directly from your phone.
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Price+plans/Speakeasy+prepay/International+Rates/Australia

Would it be worth buying an O2 sim for the purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

Hey,
    If you sign up for a smartvoip.com account. Put some euros in it. Log your mobile number with them and then dial into it and you will be prompted to enter your desired number. Australia mobile is about 0.5c per minute. You can setup you phone to dial the Dublin number and then pause before dialling out the second number. tis explained on the site. Some countries are free. But do search around for other VOIP providers as you might find one that does Australia for free :D

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

tophurler wrote: »
    Anyone know which is the best value for money calling card If I want to call from Ireland to an Australian mobile number? Just bought a First national card, €10 gets a whopping.......11 minutes! :eek:

Which number are you using when you call first national? I use the dublin number and I get a lot more than 11mins to Oz for a 10euro card.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

I use my skype account and mobile in Australia costs about 20 cent a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

tophurler wrote: »

I used my first national calling card the other day to a mobile in OZ. A 5euro card gave me 26mins to a mobile. this was using the Dublin number on the first national card.

Otherwise vodafone mobile is 15c/min to landlines and 30c/min to mobiles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eggtop_r

try skype..if you dont have it set up at home just go to an internet cafe,then you just pay for the internet session..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 brathnach

I really think more people need to look into the SIP options available....

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

eggtop_r wrote: »
    try skype..if you dont have it set up at home just go to an internet cafe,then you just pay for the internet session..

Not if you are phoning a mobile, according to their website its 16.8c to use skype to phone an oz mobile, anybody got any cheap and reliable options... much appreciated if previous posters could give web addresses of the sites mentioned?

Advertisement