Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome / Добро пожалов&#107

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭davwain

stinkle wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just discovered the forum exists today. Congrats! I'm Irish but of Russian descent, I love languages and decided to take an evening course in Russian about 2 years ago, and kept it up for almost a year. I really enjoyed it and met some lovely people along the way. I had to give up the course as my real job took priority and I felt I was neglecting my Russian as a result but I'm determined to go back to it once work calms down a bit. I still listen to the audio lessons that I have and am quite pleased with how much I can read on this forum :)

I'm also of East Slavic descent (mixed Ukrainian [Ukranets] and Belarusian [Belorusskiy]). Those ancestors of mine who did come from Ukraine came from oblasts with borders with Russian-speaking neighbours (Pridnestrovie to the southwest and Belarus to the north).

I can transliterate Russian Cyrillic more easily than I used to, but understanding the language, I admit, will take time. I look forward to hopefully practicing my Russian, at a language exchange event I will be hosting that starts just over 14 h from now.

Advertisement