Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLICK PROBLEMS

Options
  • 27-01-2010 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

HELP!!im playing with a drummer at the moment and we're playing to backing tracks and samples which are set to a digitally programmed bpm click..i was hoping to drop loops into the songs at various parts but i cant seem to get the click on my loop pedal to sync with the click on my backing track!!my pedal is a "Boss Rc20 xl" and it has no digital display for the click time(as does any pedal on the market apparently)so it has to be tapped in using the tap tempo switch...this starts off fine but gradually seems to fall out of sync which means the loops come in out of time with the track as its obviously out of time by 1/2bpm...is there anyway around this for dropping in loops onstage?????surely its possible..its the only reason i bought the pedal so i hope someone can help!!

THANKS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 uniqueusername2

I may be wrong here but I seem to remember the Line 6 loop pedal showing you the bpm that you are tapping in.
    By the sounds of it, if you cant set the bpm exactly then you are always gonna have problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

What are you playing the backing tracks on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mark 84

we're playing the samples and backing tracks through a mac using the drums as a trigger...tried syncing up two sepperate clicks to the tap tempo on the loop pedal at practice yesterday and its perfectly in time to begin with but then gradually falls out of sync with the other two clicks who stay perfectly in time with each other(im guessing no matter how accurate your timing is its never going to be the same if you cant actually write in the required bpm which sucks!!!) problem is even if we were to use the loop click for timing their is no aux out on a rc20 xl which means the click just plays over the loop which is daft and the samples will then come in out of time!!!im stumped....i think ill just record the guitar loops into the backing tracks and save all the grief unless i can find a reasonably priced pedal with digital bpm.....im amazed most of the loop pedals use tap tempo..its daft!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

playing to loops is fcuking way harder than playing to a click
    unless the loop leaves loads of space for the drummer.

its just as bad with guitars.

sometimes its down to hitting the loop pedal at the exact right moment.

Advertisement