Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U20 Manager

Options
  • 27-01-2010 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Is there elections held for this at the end of every season? I know stevo is resigning but is that the only reason for it?

Any boardies going for the job? Be great to see one of us in the job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Elections are normally run for each position every two seasons.

Stevo is half way through his tenure but doesn't have the time to commit properly. It is a lot more than just selecting the team and setting the tactics, it is expected that the manager involves the community on the offsite where a selection and tactical discussion can occur before all games. Stevo's results were excellent in Season 7 but did nothing on the offsite at all.

I may run myself but have not fully decided to due to my current involvement in the UTP and assistant journo. Elections run for a week so they end on the 3rd of February. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

jprender wrote: »
    Stevo's results were excellent in Season 7 but did nothing on the offsite at all.

so what if he wasnt on the offsite. its a results based job and if he was getting the results then whats the problem?

if you do decide to go for it, you'll probably have my vote. you've done a good job on all the journo stuff so im sure you would give the same dedication to the national team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

so what if he wasnt on the offsite. its a results based job and if he was getting the results then whats the problem?

if you do decide to go for it, you'll probably have my vote. you've done a good job on all the journo stuff so im sure you would give the same dedication to the national team.

It isn't though...

Think you need to be involved in encouraging the development of superstars for the future national side, and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bunghoe

jprender wrote: »
    Elections are normally run for each position every two seasons.

Stevo is half way through his tenure but doesn't have the time to commit properly. It is a lot more than just selecting the team and setting the tactics, it is expected that the manager involves the community on the offsite where a selection and tactical discussion can occur before all games. Stevo's results were excellent in Season 7 but did nothing on the offsite at all.

I may run myself but have not fully decided to due to my current involvement in the UTP and assistant journo. Elections run for a week so they end on the 3rd of February. We'll see.

I think yourself or gringo should get it. I have been playing since season 2 but still would not be good enough to run for it myself.

Obviously results are important.

However, there are probably 25-30 managers that have trained these players on 10 sessions for up to 4 seasons, not to mention all the other managers that elect you to such a position. To train a player constantly on 10 sessions for so long means that your team is not developing as effectively as it could do. Make no bones about it, deciding to train a player for a national team is to the overall detriment of your own club team.

I feel it is extremely important to keep these managers informed on every aspect of the U20's campaign. They deserve it. It is about more than the glory of the U20 manager, there is a whole community that has contributed to the development of these players and they should have a say in the direction that the squad takes. After discussion, final decisions rest with the elected manager.

Getting other managers involved in this fashion only heightens the interest in the National Team throughout the community, which in turn results in more managers wishing to train players long term. This needs to be the way if we are ever to catch up with the likes of NZ and England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

jprender are you a politician? that was good answer and i understand where your coming from with it. well if you run, you definitely have my vote now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I assume I now have the job being the second placed canditate at the last election.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Oh, it's on!

well if you run, you definitely have my vote now.

I've decided not to run Johnny.

I just don't know the current crop of players well enough to make a decent fist of it this season.

There are a lot of players dropping out of the squad also as they are too old and there is a lot of work involved in replacing them. I am up to my eyes with the UTP and the journo work right now and dont think it would be right for me to attempt to get elected.

Also, the National team has to elect a new manager in 2 weeks time. Having 2 rookie national managers doesn't make sense in my mind and I believe that one of the two posts should be filled by an individual who has already managed at this level. This is why I have voted for Patron. I am not sure if he will consider it, but you never know.

It is only a job for one season too as it comes about as a result of a resignation from Stevo. I would prefer to have the full 2 seasons to really give it a proper go.

I will hold you to the promise of that vote when the time does come though :cool:

Orizio wrote: »
    I assume I now have the job being the second placed canditate at the last election.

You better get moving with your speech on the main site if you are serious about taking over Orizio. :)

There are already a lot of names up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

You misunderstand JP - I came second, the person who came first dropped out, ergo, I won. There is no elections, speeches etc - I'm the new U-20 manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

You misunderstand JP - I came second, the person who came first dropped out, ergo, I won. There is no elections, speeches etc - I'm the new U-20 manager.
    Hmmm. I'm no expert on elections, but I'm pretty sure the person who loses doesn't get to be vice president :D.

My mistake Orizio, Congrats :D

Advertisement