Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Wardens

Options
  • 27-01-2010 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

yesterday i attended a funeral in a leinster town, the traffic warden told a mourner that he doesn't issue fines to cars with expired discs during a funeral as he respects the local traditition of walking behind the hearse to the cemetry, i understand this was also to avoid traffic congestion between the church & cemetry, he specified "once there is a disc on the dash". we all followed this advice, when we returned to our cars i had a €40 fine, i'm not sure about the other mourners. we met the warden, he said i had only paid for 40 minutes parking & he only trned a blind eye to people who paid for 60 minutes parking he said to write to the co. council and generally they cancel the fine. is this for real, if he said nothing i would have driven to the cemetry as i had no intention of overstaying the parking disc, has this happened to anyone else, will the council do anything. i'm prepared to go to court as this is ridiculous, what thoughts are out there ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hi there. I'm afraid that you're in the wrong forum, as this one is for people experiencing difficulties with the site, rather than for general queries such as your's. Now tbh, it's a bit of an odd one so I'm not really sure where it should go, however here's a few possible suggestions for you:

Region - you could post in the appropriate county forum

After Hours - for more general discussion on the topic

Motors - for a discussion about parking fines and traffic wardens

Ranting & Raving - if you want to vent

Consumer Issues - if you feel you were ripped off

Legal Discussion - should you actually end up in court

Hope that helps :)

Advertisement