Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anybody explain this?

• 28-01-2010 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

I was having woeful problems with my BB provider. Latency and jitter were sky high and the bandwidth was way down low. Over the time period that this was happening my router was reporting a line rate of 7128 downstream and around 348 upstream.

In light of the problems tech support took the step of dropping the profile on my line.

It sounds totally counter intuitive but the line rate on my router then increased to 8128 downstream and 800 upstream. The latency and jitter dropped drastically and the bandwidth returned to normal.

Can anybody give a technical explanation as to why dropping the line profile actually caused the line rate and bandwidth to increase I'd love to hear because I don't understand it at all and I hate to be puzzled. Everything I read on the web seems to indicate that when the line profile was lowered my bandwidth should have been reduced some? :confused::confused:

Thanks for your time.

O'C.

Advertisement