Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear? S/S 2010

• 28-01-2010 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Ok finding it hard so see what realistic styles we will be wearing this Spring/Summer. I do know nudes/pastels. Dont want to be making any bad purchases!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Sheer, sheer and more sheer. Lace too.

Stripes and anything nautical, worn with dark wash high-waisted jeans. Brogues, kitten heels. Sherbety colours rather than pastels, they're like pastels but with a bit more oomph.

Underwear as outerwear, but in a classy way. Bralets or bustiers over a t-shirt for example

Luxury sportswear - tapered tracksuit pants in high quality material worn with heels or high-tops

Have a look in Elle, they usually go through the trends at the start of each season. I've not bought this months yet so I'm not sure if they've done it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

For those of us who can't afford to buy loads of new clothes is there any way to update/accessorise existing clothes/outfits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

moonflower wrote: »
    Underwear as outerwear, but in a classy way. Bralets or bustiers over a t-shirt for example

whats a bralet? :confused:
    Luxury sportswear - tapered tracksuit pants in high quality material worn with heels or high-tops

tracksuit with heels? seriously? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

Sheer, sheer and more sheer. Lace too.

Stripes and anything nautical, worn with dark wash high-waisted jeans. Brogues, kitten heels. Sherbety colours rather than pastels, they're like pastels but with a bit more oomph.

Have a look in Elle, they usually go through the trends at the start of each season. I've not bought this months yet so I'm not sure if they've done it yet.

Sounds interesting to say the least. Underwear as outer wear I look forward to seeing the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Underwear as outerwear has already been in for winter. Most of the summer trends are just brighter versions of this winter's.

As for adapting current clothes, penneys etc are doing nautical corsages which you can put on blazers. HnM do good basics (white and blue striped tops) for the nautical look.

Sheer could be a little more difficult. But buying a sheer material vest style top can be put with different jackets/cardigans and tops underneath so that can save you buying different versions

Nude colours (creams, ivory's and pinks) will also be big

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Dean Roche

The Irish really do have the worst taste and the most degenerate ugly diabolical dress sense in Europe by far, they lack class, it’s the truth,. Almost everyone in this country young and old are dressed daily in dozy looking tracksuits making the country look like a dismal eye sore nation of cheapskate slops, dozy dimwits, scruffs and paupers. Don’t believe this?! Open your eyes and take it all in! All you have to do is look around! It’s a rampant ugly epidemic all over this country! And getting worse!. It’s a total embarrassment. To be fair, they are much more better dressed Irish females than Irish males, most irish females make the effort and dress well, the average Irish male makes up the majority of the worst dressed in the country and how Irish females put up with this ugly **** on the shoe of eyesight is something to be scientifically studied!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

hey i love my cotton tracksuit bottoms :) for tops always hoodies :) i do wear jeans and a jumper once im out but for day to day wear their just more comfy than tight annoying jeans...i hate the polyster and nylon tracksuits thought...speaks traveler from a distance...though again who d feck cares about dressing style as long as your comfy...would never wear something i dont feel good in..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

jellie wrote: »
    whats a bralet? :confused:

Bralet:
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=156280&parent_category_rn=58908&productId=1534312&langId=-1

I quite like them, but can never find one to fit right. I've seen them worn very well, like with high waisted skirts.

The tracks and heals is a hard one to pull off. It's not your average trackie they're talking about. The look is jersey harem pants or tapered ankle length trackies worn with heals and say, a leather jacket or blazer.

As usual for Spring, the Nautical/Paris look is in (stripes, trousers, blazers), as well as florals and the pale sorbet colours.

I take it you’re a female yeah? It’s not such a problem with females in the country, only the odd few are into tracksuits which is ok. The problem in this country is the Irish male; they have no concept on dress sense and class. In every country you see people with tracksuits but in Ireland you see almost a whole nation of people with tracksuits which is an ugly degenerate eyesore, it looks “slovenly” and shows up laziness and lack of class and intelligence. It’s when you spent some time in Europe and come back to Ireland it even more so makes you realize how badly the average Irish males are dressed.

Tracksuits are only for the gym and active sports, they are absolutely not a fashion item: to make the Irish tracksuit problem worse is most Irish males are unhealthy looking from years of alcohol abuse and unhealthy lifestyles so they look even more of a degenerate eyesore in their tracksuits, they just look so stupid dozy and thick looking in them, seriously!. How the Irish female puts up with this is something that has to be looked into. As I said before most Irish females dress well and make the effort with their appearance: the problem is too many Irish males have an ugly degenerate taste and have no concept on dress appearance or class, it reflects badly on the country.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Dean Roche wrote: »
    I take it you’re a female yeah? It’s not such a problem with females in the country, only the odd few are into tracksuits which is ok. The problem in this country is the Irish male; they have no concept on dress sense and class. In every country you see people with tracksuits but in Ireland you see almost a whole nation of people with tracksuits which is an ugly degenerate eyesore, it looks “slovenly” and shows up laziness and lack of class and intelligence. It’s when you spent some time in Europe and come back to Ireland it even more so makes you realize how badly the average Irish males are dressed.

Tracksuits are only for the gym and active sports, they are absolutely not a fashion item: to make the Irish tracksuit problem worse is most Irish males are unhealthy looking from years of alcohol abuse and unhealthy lifestyles so they look even more of a degenerate eyesore in their tracksuits, they just look so stupid dozy and thick looking in them, seriously!. How the Irish female puts up with this is something that has to be looked into. As I said before most Irish females dress well and make the effort with their appearance: the problem is too many Irish males have an ugly degenerate taste and have no concept on dress appearance or class, it reflects badly on the country.

Did you post on the wrong thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Any tips on what's in for men this spring/summer?

Other than Hawaiian shorts and Hollister tops with flip flops :p

Moonflower made reference to Elle covering the trends at the start of the season, is there anything similar for guys?

Faith wrote: »
    Did you post on the wrong thread?

Nope, this trend is about clothes and fashion and what to wear for this year, I was just pointing out why are Irish are talking about fashion when most have no concept of it? Which is evident for eyes to see, “Ireland tracksuit nation,” tracksuits for daily dress everday!!!. All the dozy Irish male has is his dozy tracksuit, whilst most Irish females make the effort with their appearance.

samsamson wrote: »
    Any tips on what's in for men this spring/summer?

Samsamson

What the hell do you think! Like every summer and all year around mate, tracksuits tracksuits tracksuits and more tracksuits!!! tracksuits here tracksuits there, tracksuits everywhere! Ireland is tracksuit nation,That’s all most Irish males wear coz they have not concept on class and dress sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 legslove

White is huge for Spring/Summer - vintage, ruffles, fringing, low kitten heels, genie pants (currently on the windows in Zara) knee high socks,pastels
    Check out this link for a whistle stop tour
    http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/trends/2010-spring-summer/091008-springsummer-2010-trend-report.aspx#/imageno/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Dean Roche wrote: »

Samsamson

What the hell do you think! Like every summer and all year around mate, tracksuits tracksuits tracksuits and more tracksuits!!! tracksuits here tracksuits there, tracksuits everywhere! Ireland is tracksuit nation,That’s all most Irish males wear coz they have not concept on class and dress sense.

Troll (look at other posts)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

jellie wrote: »
    2dcfr74.jpg

Seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Moshimoshi wrote: »
    2dcfr74.jpg

Seriously

Holy carp, someone feed that child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I usually love her lookbook stuff actually.

http://lookbook.nu/look/386497-29-12-Underwear-as-Outerwear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ This! She looks like she needs a good Irish Mammy Dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

I actually like it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruthie_

Moshimoshi wrote: »
    2dcfr74.jpg

Seriously

I really like it, but I wouldn't wear it myself. I'd feel self conscious in it because of the whole tracksuit bottoms and shoes thing, I just couldn't do it!! I don't wear tracksuits at all unless I'm lazing in the house or working out so I aint gonna start now! Although I don't think just anybody could pull it off but I'd say it would look great on the right person imo.

Advertisement