Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy/Fun memories..!

Options
  • 28-01-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

What memories make you smile? Something in you childhood/teenage years/school/last week at work/a game you used to play/moments from relationships or friendships...anything!

I just had a flashback of one there which inspired this thread!

I was learning to ride a bike without training wheels when I was about seven.. and my brother who was three at the time was at that age where he mimicked everything his older sister did! So there was me on my bike and he was following me around on his tricycle having the time of his life!.. I proceeded to crash into the wall and he promptly followed suit and bumped into the wall beside me..! I can just remember him laughing away thinking it was the funniest thing ever. :) I have many, but that is such a good memory :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I spent 6 months in Canada in 2000 (first of a few long visits)

I was staying with my girlfriend (now wife) and her family. There is a fair gap in the ages between her and her younger brother, about 14 years, so he was only 5 at the time.

I wasn't really working while I was there so while my girlfriend was at work I'd spend most of my days with her brother. We'd go on bike rides into the forests and bring flasks of hot chocolate with us, when the snow started I'd pull him along the same routes on his sled or jump the sled over the mounds of snow at the ends of peoples driveways.

I always remember one morning when he ran into my room and woke me up by grabbing my feet with his cold hands (from making snowballs for that mornings snowball fight no doubt) and he jumped beside my pillow and said: "you know, you're not like the other adults, you treat me like a friend and not a child, I really like that"

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

I know this thread is kind of gone :P But I just thought of one of my favourite memories!

When I was small my Dad would sing 'All my Loving' from the Beatles to me... While they sing it quite fast and upbeat, he always sang it slowly, more heartfelt in my opinion. I know it's a lovers song, but he meant it as a father missing his daughter as he worked away from home.

My favourite memory of that is when we drove through Luxembourg(I think) and stayed in a hotel for a night and with the city buzz outside he sang it to me and my brother to fall asleep. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

My dad used to always sing Tell Laura I love her to me :D

Always makes me smile thinking of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Going down to the river feeding the ducks in the Summer when I was 5 with my nana.

Jumping on the furniture pretending the floor was quick sand :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 DiamondEyez

its not really an old memory or anything...cos it happened today....but at school me and my friends were playing vollyball.....it was sooo funny....i havent laughed that much in such a long time......:L

• Advertisement
Advertisement