Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX Player Wanted

Options
  • 28-01-2010 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭MrMojoRising

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent divx players on sale at the moment? I'm not looking for anything fancy. Just something I can connect to my tv and then via a usb stick play avi, divx movies from it.
    I know Dunnes were selling something like this a while ago. Anyone know if they still are, and for how much?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I bought the Philips DVP3360 for €66 from Power City. Has a HDMI output, USB port, and seems to play anything I've thrown at it so far. Also, it's nice and compact, which is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭MrMojoRising

brophs wrote: »
    I bought the Philips DVP3360 for €66 from Power City. Has a HDMI output, USB port, and seems to play anything I've thrown at it so far. Also, it's nice and compact, which is a bonus.

Cheers brophs. Does it have scart ouput as well or is it just hdmi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Cheers brophs. Does it have scart ouput as well or is it just hdmi?

It also has a Scart output. Very pleased with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I bought this from amazon last year and am very happy with it. It costs about €40 more to buy in Dublin (Currys).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-1080P-Media-Player/dp/B002VAVR4A/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

It is similar to the unit described above/below - it has 2 USB inputs + HDMI & red/yellow/white outputs. It can handle AVI (Divx) & MKV (HD) and had a decent remote, i.e. not one of those bubble yokes.

Cheaper, lower-spec, version

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-1080i-Media-Player/dp/B002KQ2JKQ/ref=pd_sim_ce_5

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭MrMojoRising

TarfHead wrote: »
    I bought this from amazon last year and am very happy with it. It costs about €40 more to buy in Dublin (Currys).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-1080P-Media-Player/dp/B002VAVR4A/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

It is similar to the unit described above/below - it has 2 USB inputs + HDMI & red/yellow/white outputs. It can handle AVI (Divx) & MKV (HD) and had a decent remote, i.e. not one of those bubble yokes.

Cheaper, lower-spec, version

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-1080i-Media-Player/dp/B002KQ2JKQ/ref=pd_sim_ce_5

Thanks for that TarfHead. I think the lower spec one will suit me perfectly. Its compact and nice looking, which will do the job. cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

but you could just convert the new format to the old divx format.

[quote=[Deleted User];64231219]Just pointing out theres a new divx format H.264 and the old players wont do it.[/QUOTE]
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

did you get it changed to region free. cause I would buy it if yea could get it region free.

sounds nice indeed.

Im not sold on blue ray mate and doubt I will ever will be.

Im sure they'll invent a new format but sure heres waiting.

I think there is still life in dvds plus the 50 gig dvds that are being tested at the moment.

[quote=[Deleted User];64252087]You could yes but its more for blu ray converting and its bigger. All about the quality :)[/QUOTE]
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

I picked up that player today in powercity.

Ive downloaded the firmware upgrade and got the region free code.

so Im looking forward to using it.

Ive got 168 esps 28 discs of the twilight zone to watch from the 60s I bought the box set off one of that lads on adverts.ie.

oh yea

You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Can you adjust the horizontal and the vertical on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

I'm looking for something of the same.

I have a HD with plenty of movies etc. and I just want a smaller version of what the PS3 does for me with a HDMI port

Amaru KGB buy this player Philips DVP3360 for €66 from Power City I bought it 2 months ago its great.

but I seen it in tesco yesterday for 50euro

cable842 wrote: »
    Amaru KGB buy this player Philips DVP3360 for €66 from Power City I bought it 2 months ago its great.

Cheers mate, where about was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SMcDDB

Agree with this comment. Have two of the same Philips DVP3360 and they are great. Watch DivX through flash USB now. No more need for Disks!! Great value player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i got one of these for my parents

it plays DivX, Xvid, AVI, etc.

and its only 30 euro + 4 euro P+P

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330408053891&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

cool link and good price. but its not 1080 p.

you should put that link up in the bargains section,

This one in Tesco is a different model with no USB port, got it yesterday so probably should of checked before I bought it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SchweppesUTD

How about the portable dvd in Lidl. My friend bought three of them. Two for himself and one for his kids.

crap really damn did yeah not check. I use it its a good player,

Im building a htpc shuttle myself now its a computer you put under your tv and hooks up threw hdmi cable.

so your tv is your computer too build it its about 200 euro
    Amaru KGB wrote: »
    This one in Tesco is a different model with no USB port, got it yesterday so probably should of checked before I bought it

Advertisement