Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help dual sim phones

Options
  • 28-01-2010 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Ok im looking for a dual sim phone that is very basic with good good enough battery life.I dont need cameras or anything of the sort.I just need a phone that can accept text and phone calls from 2 sim cards.Something with a good battery life is essential..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

2 sim cards.Something with a good battery life.

In my experience not going to happen unless maybe the two sim cards are on the same network you have to remember the areal in the phone is working over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

2 sim cards.Something with a good battery life.

In my experience not going to happen unless maybe the two sim cards are on the same network you have to remember the areal in the phone is working over time.

Yep,the 2 numbers are on the same network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

samsung do 2 duel sim phones look on line at phonesonline they have the 2 of them !

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

most dual sim phones require you to use only 1 sim at a time as they would need both set's of gsm hardware to utilize 2 cards at the same time( which would be a battery eating monster). just use 2 phones. it's better in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Goosie

Fol20 wrote: »
    Ok im looking for a dual sim phone that is very basic with good good enough battery life.I dont need cameras or anything of the sort.I just need a phone that can accept text and phone calls from 2 sim cards.Something with a good battery life is essential..

I used the samsung D980 up until recently. It did exactly what you require. Battery lasted about 4-5 days on average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Fol20 wrote: »

If you dont need to have the two active at the same time you could look at something like a turbo sim - which allows you put the two sims into your existing phone.

Other than that you can order a lot of these dual sim phones on the web - mostly they orginate from China - however I wouldnt be expecting anything brilliant on that front - gsm only - no real data capabilities. however if you only want basic voice then they do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

If you dont need to have the two active at the same time you could look at something like a turbo sim - which allows you put the two sims into your existing phone.

Other than that you can order a lot of these dual sim phones on the web - mostly they orginate from China - however I wouldnt be expecting anything brilliant on that front - gsm only - no real data capabilities. however if you only want basic voice then they do the trick

You see the problem is that i have 3 different phones.Dont ask me why just charging them all is too much hasle,so if i could have 2 of them in one phone,it would be perfect..There must be some phone out there that is very basic but still has dual sim

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

How much are you willing to spend I guess

I think someone recommended samsung in this thread - I would concur

I had a D880 before - however I stopped using it because I didnt have decent gprs/hsdpa (which I needed) - it was fine for voice though -

Heres an amazon link for illustrative purposes

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAMSUNG-D880-MOBILE-PHONE-DUAL/dp/B0015XJK1G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1264770454&sr=8-2

Someone that has experience of the chinese offerings might comment ? - however personally I would go with a well known company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Had one a while ago. Dropped calls like a thing posessed - I hated it. Was delighted when the screen broke a couple of weeks in - binned it with a smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dominick

You could get one off eBay, China clone phone(3gstv) look for Irish seller to avoid customs charges
    I have one, TV /Radio works in Ireland
    two Sims o2 & meteor work fine
    Battery life about two days, but you get a spare battery
    WIFI /Bluetooth work
    I still can’t figure out how to connect to internet using wifi
    (maybe some one could let me know how to do this)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

dominick wrote: »
    You could get one off eBay, China clone phone(3gstv) look for Irish seller to avoid customs charges
    I have one, TV /Radio works in Ireland
    two Sims o2 & meteor work fine
    Battery life about two days, but you get a spare battery
    WIFI /Bluetooth work
    I still can’t figure out how to connect to internet using wifi
    (maybe some one could let me know how to do this)

I got one of these when I ordered a costume for my sister from China. The seller didn't want to know anything about the mix up (EMS mixed it up) so now my sis is stuck with it. She may be willing to sell. Needs an adapter for the plug though, but works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

sorry to jump into thread but im considering a dual sim for a different reason and would like some advice

i want to bank online and am concerned with security.

would a dual sim internet phone be a good solution using one sim for banking only rather than using two phones

or does the fact that the bank sim is on the same phone make it vulnerable anyway

hope thats clear

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

estreetb wrote: »

or does the fact that the bank sim is on the same phone make it vulnerable anyway

I would say so yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

• Registered Users Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

chinabuye.com have dual sim/dual standby phones... Prices starting from €25-€30 delivered... They'd be the bog standard ones now though!

They also have a few tri-sim cards if you want to use all 3 numbers in the one phone!

Free delivery takes 15-30 days and only costs $1.90 extra for tracking etc.

Advertisement