Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5 & Calvin Harris for Galway?

Options
  • 28-01-2010 5:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I heard these two acts are coming to play for rag week or something? Any truth -when and where?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

For RAG week? Sounds doubtful, would be a massive gig surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭lumpwood

Have heard about Calvin Harris playing alright http://sin.ie/site/view/706/
    Nothing about Deadmau5 though.

This looks pretty promising too..http://www.eventelephant.com/cubapresentsbloodybeetrootslive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Calvin Harris will be playing the Bailey Allen Hall in NUIG. No idea about Deadmau5. First I'm hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Pity, would be very intersted in seeing Calvin Harris, but then I read mention of Rag Week........

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

calvin harris would of been good. wonder how the students will ruin it for everyone this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

Christ I hope not. Absolutely dreadfull music alltogether. I thought Galway had better taste than that! How about Nick Warren, now that would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

From the student's union email:

Weds 10th March - Calvin Harris DJ Set in the Black Box. Tickets are EUR25 (EUR30 Non NUI Galway Students). Over 18's event. Doors 8pm. SOLD OUT

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭kippy

DannyKing wrote: »
    Christ I hope not. Absolutely dreadfull music alltogether. I thought Galway had better taste than that! How about Nick Warren, now that would be nice.

Calvin Harris played in Cuba a couple of years ago. Was a really hopping gig, despite me not actually and still not being into his music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Calvin harris is worth seeing, deadmau5 is rubbish, dulll and boring , and Nick Warren I can Guarnatee you he would not have sold out, when its a midweek gig for students, ask them who Nick Warren is and you willl see a lot of blank faces:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Why dont they bring someone decent to Galway rather than that idiotic, talentless, jetsetting ****** called Deadmau5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

Because most students like tinker music

"how ya, got any 'Dead Man 5'?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Why dont they bring someone decent to Galway rather than that idiotic, talentless, jetsetting ****** called Deadmau5?
    Probably a Coronas fan are ya?

Lets just say the Mau5 is known as the kind of person who is completely ruining the dance music industry by being a complete sellout. He is a talentless producer firing generic crap together and brings nothing new to the scene apart from being the guy who insists on a PRIVATE JET to every gig despite the fact it could bankrupt the promoter.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

Lets just say the Mau5 is known as the kind of person who is completely ruining the dance music industry by being a complete sellout. He is a talentless producer firing generic crap together and brings nothing new to the scene apart from being the guy who insists on a PRIVATE JET to every gig despite the fact it could bankrupt the promoter.

This sir is quite correct. Absolute cheese of the highest order. Now, if we could get some of the heavy hitters such as digweed, satoshie tommiie, james zabiela etc. They would most def sell out regardless of what day of the week it was. Anyone know how to go about booking the black box for a night?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bobwoodward11

Now ur talkin was at digweed in tripod few weeks back, what a night! Zabiela in tripod 30 april

I've been gently trying to persuede a promotor to bring John 00 Fleming to Galway, heres hoping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

who cares hes a class producer and if he brings out proper music and we like it we dont care...keep ur ****ty opinion to urself

Advertisement