Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicoptor over Drogheda

Options
  • 28-01-2010 6:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

There's been a helicopter hovering around the top of Peter's St. In Drogheda for the last 20 minutes, since 4:45 am. It's driving me insane!
    Anyone know anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭irishbrain

Fire last night in Marsh Road car park. Approx 2am. Helicopter investigating most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Megastar wrote: »
    There's been a helicopter hovering around the top of Peter's St. In Drogheda for the last 20 minutes, since 4:45 am. It's driving me insane!
    Anyone know anything about it?

I feel for you man, its the same in dublin, While Im lying in bed I often ask myself, who are they after, what are they investigating? And is it cost effective to be chasing a stolen car with a chopper...

I suppose when it comes to murders it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Megastar

Thanks for the replies.

It hung around for half an hour, shining its beam around the Hardman's gardens area. I expect it'll be explained in the Leader next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

was lookin for the keys of my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭mattock

They were conducting a Pothole survey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

delop wrote: »
    I feel for you man, its the same in dublin, While Im lying in bed I often ask myself, who are they after, what are they investigating? And is it cost effective to be chasing a stolen car with a chopper...

I suppose when it comes to murders it is...

They have infra red on it so they can spot the 'baddies' hiding in the bushes and guide the gardai to the exact spot!

What we need is something like this...

http://www.merseyside.police.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3791

Then we'd get to know a bit about what it was up to:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Megastar

Sure enough, the Leader has the explanation. Someone broke into McDonnell's shop on Hardman's Gardens and the helicopter was scanning the area to look for the culprit. Unfortunately, they couldn't find him.

Advertisement