Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy cheap car battery in Dublin?

Options
  • 28-01-2010 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,
    I need to get a new battery for my Citroen Xsara '99 and wonder which place in Dublin has the best deals for car batteries.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Look for a motor factors in your area, they will be cheaper than a garage or Halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I got a battery for my dad's Laguna in the motor factors in Crumlin (shops opposite the hospital at the Star Bingo) for €55 a couple of weeks ago. Cost me €85 for one for my Xantia in Southside lat year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭bladespin

Battery for a Punto last year, Halfords €87 (after selling me the wrong one to start with), local motor factors (Dunshaughlin) €46 :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

battery for a Daewoo

E160 in Halfords

E70 in local Car Parts Shop in Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Battery for BMW 7-series V8 petrol (big battery :)):

Halfords 170
    Local factors 110, got it for 100

That said, Halfords do give a 3yr warranty, local factors only 1yr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel