Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvdia Geforce 6200(512mb)

Options
  • 28-01-2010 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just wondering is the Nvdia Geforce 6200 512mb a good graphics card since it has a 3.0 pixel shader? please let me know

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Just wondering is the Nvdia Geforce 6200 512mb a good graphics card since it has a 3.0 pixel shader? please let me know

Not really it is quite old and way behind even current budget cards. What do you plan on using it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Gigilowgonewild

Ok thank you, World OF warcraft i plan on using it for

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

It is a pile of crap really

For World of Warcraft.. go out and buy an ATI 4650 minimum or a ATI 4670 (or 5670) if you raid

These cards are single slot and do not need new power supplies or extra cables, just download the ATI drivers, slot in graphics card and install the drivers.

go to pixmania

4650 - about 30 quid on sale
    4670 - about 50 quid
    5670 (just released) about 90 euro

OK thank you do you know if the Intel GMA 4500M is any goood,

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

OK thank you do you know if the Intel GMA 4500M is any goood,

Thanks again

No, are you looking at buying a whole new system? Or are you getting a laptop or something?

Might be a good idea to state exactly what you have now and what you want to do with it in the future

• Advertisement

Effluo wrote: »
    No, are you looking at buying a whole new system? Or are you getting a laptop or something?

Might be a good idea to state exactly what you have now and what you want to do with it in the future
    Basicly i have the Fujistsu Siemens AmiloLi3170, and im wondering can i play games on it or will i just burn out its motherboard cos it aint capable of running games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Basicly i have the Fujistsu Siemens AmiloLi3170, and im wondering can i play games on it or will i just burn out its motherboard cos it aint capable of running games

I'm guessing that's supposed to be "3710"

Well you can see from this http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-4500MHD-GMA-X4500MHD.9883.0.html that it's certainly not ideal

Wow will probably run on it's lowest settings at the lowest resolution, though to be technical this would suck balls

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You won't burn anything out, the game will just stutter horribly and be difficult or impossible to play.

And you cannot upgrade the graphics card in a laptop, only a normal desktop. There are an extremely small number of exceptions to the rule but I'm pretty sure an Amilo wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being one of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think even Warcraft would struggle on that Card, to be perfectly honest.

Try this: http://gizmodo.com/5464165/ati-radeon-hd-5450-has-dx11-graphics-support-for-only-60

Advertisement