Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominics Place Closed off!

• 28-01-2010 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Does anyone know whats going on in Dominincs place, cops all over the place and its cordoned off. A cop told my mother in law she couldn't walk up because its a crime scene?

WLR are just saying because of an incident?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

was dropping daughters to the Mercy this morning and one of the mothers lives on Dominics place and she said there was a stabbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was listening to the WLR news at 9 and they didn't even mention "incident", I heard that on AA Roadwatch. Dunno why the local media are being so coy.

Timmy Ryan said on the breakfast show that the area would be closed off until at least 12 o clock today, maybe longer but they would let people know when they had more information so i was assuming it was something very serious..like i said, i heard a stabbing but that was only second hand information..i'm sure the real story will emerge over the next couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 2 panda123

I just heard... two brothers were shot... they are both in ardkeen now.. think one is in a critical condition. they ave a 30year old in the barracks being questioned for it"!

Anyone want to bet all the above is completely untrue. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 panda123

Nope.. im guessing im close enough!!!!!!!!!!.........:p

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone want to bet all the above is completely untrue. ;)

god only knows because i was told there was a stabbing..ah we could go round in circles all day hazarding guesses, best leave it til they announce it on the news

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0128/waterford.html
    Two injured in Waterford shooting
    Thursday, 28 January 2010 10:16

Gardaí are investigating a shooting incident which took place outside a house at Dominics Place in Waterford city early this morning.

The incident is believed to have happened sometime between 2 and 3 am.

Two people were taken to Waterford Regional Hospital with gun shot wounds but gardaí say their injuries are not life threatening.
    Advertisement

Two men have been arrested and are currently been detained at Waterford Garda station.

Gardaí believe the incident may have involved a number of people, possibly three, who had approached the owner of the house overnight.

A shotgun was discharged and the two people who have been injured were part of the group who had been in the vicinity of the house.

Just heard, getting more like Limerick every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Cabaal wrote: »

i had taught of a feud when i heard this first but it seems to not be now , sort of sounds like could of bein burglars maybe to ,why would they be calling to the house at 2am , i suppose true story will unfold eventually..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah I was thinking of the feud also but unfortunately it seems that these types of occurences are just becoming more and more frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

The shootings in the fued have mostly been with modified airguns. I hear the gun used here was the real deal.

I'm going to hazard a guess at drugs related.

not sure if this is true only a text i received saying was vigilantes called to the house and were shot , i wont say more just incase not correct...

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Another write-up here:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-held-in-connection-with-waterford-shooting-443806.html
    Two people are in hospital and two others have been arrested following a shooting in Waterford City at around 2am this morning.

Gardaí believe the incident happened after four men approached a house at Dominic Place in the city - the two injured men were among that group.

They have been brought to hospital in Waterford and Cork.

Two other men have been arrested in connection with the shooting. They are both being questioned at Waterford Garda station.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-held-in-connection-with-waterford-shooting-443806.html#ixzz0duQzm6EP
    Seems that the victims were part of a group of four, calling into the house of the shooter. Definitely starting to look more and more like gang stuff.

The travellers would have likely just petrol bombed the gaff, going on past incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

the story ive heard is that 3 people were after breaking into a house and wrecking the place and the homeowner came down and found them and shot the intruders.i know this does not excuse the use of a gun but if you break into sombodys home u run the risk of the homeowner wanting to defend themselves and there property.

KingLoser wrote: »
    Another write-up here:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-held-in-connection-with-waterford-shooting-443806.html

Seems that the victims were part of a group of four, calling into the house of the shooter. Definitely starting to look more and more like gang stuff.

The travellers would have likely just petrol bombed the gaff, going on past incidents.

ye im hearing its drug related ,heard first vigilantes but could bein gang going after someone too, if they had gun ready for use inside they must of knowing they were in trouble or were a expecting a visit...

could have been a licensed gun for hunting.just because there was a gun in the house doesnt automactily mean it was drugs or gangs does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Who are ye to speculate about what happened in that house. It's a well known fact that druggies and gang members have guns to protect themselves. It's part of their culture and we should allow it.

Yours sincerely,
    HOFFMANS

;):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Weird - At first I thought it was the traveller feud kicking off again, but this sounds very different.

i dont think the travellers have anything to do with this.it would have said its believed to be part of the traveller feud in the news since it says that after every bit of violence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Im really hoping this was a burglary where the inturders got shot. That would absolutely make my year.

The guards will do nothing so is it any wonder people are arming up. Same as when the guards wanted everybody handing in their weapons, yea right, when there lads goin around the town dragging women half way around it etc. People need to arm theirselves nowadays, too many scumbags going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

it wasn't a burglary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

the two lads who were shot are from a larchville family and well known to the boys in blue, or so i'm told.
    rumours are its drug related, and as we all know a good rumour is better than the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Mooley22 wrote: »
    could have been a licensed gun for hunting.just because there was a gun in the house doesnt automactily mean it was drugs or gangs does it?

spot on there moo was a legit firearm,the intruders that got the bang were the ones arrested later on ,they wont be knocking on anyones doors for a while ,well at least till theyre off the crutches;)

yeah i heard the names of the lads shot alright..no harm is all i have to say on the matter, you reap what you sow

iv bein told that 1 of the 2 shot was getting people off heroin the last while since home from a time out of country , he got his brother (the other one shot) off it and according to what i was told they were peeved off at the sale of the drug to a minor , interserting to see who is bein held in barracks.. it also goes along with the story i was told early today about it bein vigilantes.

isnt it strange that four fellas arrive at somebodies house at nearly 3 in the morning and vandalise there car and try to get into the house and the person defending themselves ends up being accused of selling drugs to minors while the people that were breaking into the house are vigilantes that are trying to help people out.if they were that sure that this person was dealing drugs why not go to the guards or was is it more a case they thought this person was selling drugs and taking business away from them so they went to send a messag and it backfired.if everyone that hears a story about somebody dealing or doing something against the law,goes off and gets a group of fellas and starts busting up stuff this town will turn to a war zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

isnt it strange that four fellas arrive at somebodies house at nearly 3 in the morning and vandalise there car and try to get into the house and the person defending themselves ends up being accused of selling drugs to minors while the people that were breaking into the house are vigilantes that are trying to help people out.if they were that sure that this person was dealing drugs why not go to the guards or was is it more a case they thought this person was selling drugs and taking business away from them so they went to send a messag and it backfired.if everyone that hears a story about somebody dealing or doing something against the law,goes off and gets a group of fellas and starts busting up stuff this town will turn to a war zone.

c'mon now, the chap that did the shooting is known for heroin, his brother is wrecked from it. doubt he was just defending his house.
    in saying that the lads with the bullet holes are far from innocent either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

jo06555 wrote: »
    iv bein told that 1 of the 2 shot was getting people off heroin the last while since home from a time out of country , he got his brother (the other one shot) off it and according to what i was told they were peeved off at the sale of the drug to a minor , interserting to see who is bein held in barracks.. it also goes along with the story i was told early today about it bein vigilantes.

If they were vigilantes taking on heroin dealers, then my thoughts are with them. Heroin dealers are nothing but scum.

• Advertisement

or was is it more a case they thought this person was selling drugs and taking business away from them so they went to send a messag and it backfired..

could be im only telling what i was told from a friend lives and knows some people around area , we probably will never know full story , very strange they go to house at that hour but i do not think it was a burglary either it was drugs related so people in house may not be totally innocent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement