Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominics Place Closed off!

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone been listening to WLR news about this shooting? I've yet to hear them actually say anything. Feels like a blackout.

Its bad PR for the city, doesn't hold well for the place and will make people start to think waterford is like limerick.

Of course none of this reason are a reason to not report the actual news as fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,682 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There was a bit about it on the front of the Friday Munster. Named the victims and said that two men had been arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone been listening to WLR news about this shooting? I've yet to hear them actually say anything. Feels like a blackout.

they allways the same even on billy mcarthy show they dont seem to bother too much with it or feuding , they use to but dont seem to no more, local radio :confused::)

So has their bein any further details given on the incident i know a mans car was taken in by detectives morning after up in gracedieu area , supposed to be related ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mmad

It isn't about drugs but 90% of the parties involved are on heroin

The fella who shot the 2 brothers lets call him Mr. T ;), well his parents were assaulted during the week by one of the persons shot, so they were all ringing eachother saying they're going to kill eachother and Wed nite they went up to fight eachother and that's what happened.

The firearm was legit, he had a licence for it, and Darren Connolly is in CUH he was shot in the chest while Jamie was only shot in the leg.

mmad wrote: »
    It isn't about drugs but 90% of the parties involved are on heroin

The fella who shot the 2 brothers lets call him Mr. T ;), well his parents were assaulted during the week by one of the persons shot, so they were all ringing eachother saying they're going to kill eachother and Wed nite they went up to fight eachother and that's what happened.

The firearm was legit, he had a licence for it, and Darren Connolly is in CUH he was shot in the chest while Jamie was only shot in the leg.

Interesting , this may kick off a new feud now as the lads shot are not the type to forget things like this , maybe it may give them a fright and they may just leave it tho...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

i seen darren connolly being brought up for a operation yesterday morning in wrh he ie in icu out there and is nowhere near cork hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mmad

deise48 i can tell you 100percent you didnt see him in wrh yesterday, that was jamie who got an operation to put plates in his leg.

Darren who also has a nickname is in Cork .... mail me if you still wish to insist you seen him yesterday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ha ha this thread is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tomtom20

jo06555 wrote: »
    not sure if this is true only a text i received saying was vigilantes called to the house and were shot , i wont say more just incase not correct...

vigilantes my arse

the man who did the shooting is not a drug dealer at all and doesn't take heroin at all :mad: well that's what happens when u try and act the big men going up and breaking up peoples houses it backfires on you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

backfires hehe :D

tomtom20 wrote: »
    the man who did the shooting is not a drug dealer at all and doesn't take heroin at all :mad: well that's what happens when u try and act the big men going up and breaking up peoples houses it backfires on you

So the story of a the two lads goin up to fight is the true one yes? iv not heard really any update on it..........:confused:

jo06555 wrote: »
    iv bein told that 1 of the 2 shot was getting people off heroin the last while since home from a time out of country , he got his brother (the other one shot) off it and according to what i was told they were peeved off at the sale of the drug to a minor , interserting to see who is bein held in barracks.. it also goes along with the story i was told early today about it bein vigilantes.

you would realy want 2 get your facts straight b4 u start spreading stuff like that twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

His brother has been on and off it for years. i know him well, used to hang around with him. Really nice fella. its a pity he went down that road, had a lot going for him and hopefully he stays off it this time. I havent seen him a while but I heard he's engaged now and all. All the best for him in the future. Good fella on the motorbikes to. Gave him a go of me last one for about 5 minutes, the yoke came back red haha, some pilot on em. He drove me bike properly. I was so proud of it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

tomtom20 wrote: »
    you would realy want 2 get your facts straight b4 u start spreading stuff like that twat

Banned.

I'm going to lock this thread for the moment and ask Sully or Aquos to have a look at it tomorrow. I'm really uncomfortable with names being mentioned and all the talk of drugs/gang related. There's no mention of that in the news articles (drugs etc) and while I know some people know them personally, it really doesn't look good to see such things wrote about people without some sort of proof.

It's fine if no names are mentioned but they have been and I doubt they or their families would be happy to see that wrote about them if it isn't true.

Sully or Aquos can decide if they want to reopen it tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement