Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bassett Hounds

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I saw my parents pup last week for the first time since christmas, and I can see so many of those traits coming through as well!

Our lady is clever though, and has been great to train so far. She turned 5 months last week and is fully toilet trained, and has been for a while and will play fetch as well. Things like recall might be another story though! She comes to you when she feels like it, not otherwise, and certainly not when there are more interesting things to smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

ah the Basset....ive a rescue boy from ash.....hes an absolute pleasure....

look if you research your animals and you insure them and you get used to mad vet prices in dublin youll do grand!

I think all the pure breed...i use that term cautiously are vulnerable to problems of one or another...I was surprised at how large a breed they are..and i think perhaps this is an issue for the idiots who buy puppies online and are surprised when they grow...!:mad:Also if youre a novice or very houseproud they shed..a lot and as a hound they have an odour...but as i say if you do homework you should know...

i must admit ,my boy house trained and an old soldier...which worries me(emotionally!)so i havent worked oin the hard bits of training!

Rescue a great way to do the right thing..but not a cheap way...
    greetings to all basset fans..and anyone with magic ear cleaning tips or vets who know bassets be great to hear anything new!!

Advertisement