Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mess in Woodquay

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

speaking of students when is rag week this year, next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I don't care if I get banned for this: YOU'RE A CLOWN

Now, a GOOD idea would be to get people on the dole (who are not actively seeking work)/prisoners to clean the streets

or asylum seekers

skelliser wrote: »

it normally coincides with the Novena so the students can show off their drinking abilities to the massgoers.
    they piss in church doors, well any doorway really. its only a matter of time before they vomit inside the cathedral.

Train-wreck of a thread.. Can we all just agree to leave Woodquay alone in future?

whatever happened to the Woodquay festival? it was mighty craic in the eighties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

skelliser wrote: »

Round the 20th of February I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Starie1975 wrote: »
    On my way into work this morning I drove through Woodquay where most of the waste bags that were left out for collection, were thrown out on the road. A sliver Galway co. co. footpath bin was also toppled over onto the road. Any CCTV cameras in the area?

Flowers dumped from the flower beds on the Headford Road (across from Dunne’s).

Yesterday on my way home from work I saw the same damaged caused to the flower beds near the Spanish Arch.

A lot of suits in town last night. Was there a grad on?

This really pisses me off about our city.

I live in that general area of town and the streets are absolutely FILTHY and I mean really BAD. Just all kinds of muck, supermacs bags and general rubbish thrown outside doors including broken bottles and the like. Woodquay is a great traditional spot in old Galway much like the Claddagh but it's sad to see how filthy with trash it's become.

And I don't like blaming students solely as I was one for years but 90% of the filth comes from students. That's just the reality unfortunately.

Advertisement