Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a house in Dundalk

Options
  • 28-01-2010 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I am originally from Dundalk but have been living in dublin for a number of years. I am hoping to move back to buy my first home but looking for some good advice on the best/nicest areas to live in. It's my first purchase so not looking for a mansion, more like a 3-bed semi-d. Also I will be commuting to dublin so I'm looking for somewhere close to town or in a nice village just outside. I had been looking at the dromiskin area but a local garda warned me off saying it had a pretty bad crime rate.

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=403711.
    nice Quiet place and reasonably priced, but it is in town

• Registered Users Posts: 25 freeworld777

knockbridge is nice, and plenty of new houses for sale at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

You driving as a commuter or using public transport? There are several houses around Glenwood both of which are only 1 hour 10 from Dublin on the 100X and the Matthews coaches. I had mixed stories before I bought there 3 years ago but its fine. Once studenty but only a few now, mostly older people retired it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

you should ask the local gardai what are the good areas, and that would put you on the right track dont you think?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cowsfriend

Anyone have any opinions on dromiskin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

cowsfriend wrote: »
    Anyone have any opinions on dromiskin?

Over the last few years, it has got a reputation over anti social behaviour.
    Only a few bad apples,but I wouldn't like to live there myselfIn sayimg that, there are bad apples all over the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

qc3 wrote: »
    Over the last few years, it has got a reputation over anti social behaviour.
    Only a few bad apples,but I wouldn't like to live there myselfIn sayimg that, there are bad apples all over the country.

Yup there are bad apples everywhere, but each estate has its high and low levels of it wouldnt you agree? which is why I'd be careful about choosing a place of residence until I'm completely sure about the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cowsfriend

had seen a nice house out there but now I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

very good deals on houses in Loughantarve in Knockbridge. Although like many new estates prices are tumbling. Pretty handy for the motorway too.

Advertisement