Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream Motors Sandyford?

• 28-01-2010 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Folks

Long time reader and poster who is having difficulty relogging on since last week so reregistered under a new user name.

Anyway; has anybody any experience of dealing with these guys Dream Motors in Sandyford? What are they like?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

They used to work for Des Cullen Cars and when Trevor opened Onxy, they opened dream cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Craven Lodge

Thanks for that
    They have some great deals on new cars-
    What's the story with them, how do they source them- they aren't a franchise dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Thanks for that
    They have some great deals on new cars-
    What's the story with them, how do they source them- they aren't a franchise dealer.

They all look like UK imports to me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Some of the stock used to be the old Des Cullen stock. I don't know if that's still the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Terrlock

I bought a skoda octavia off them.

They sourced it directly from a skoda dealer in the uk and just did all the leg work of vrt and all that for me....

Got it delivered to my door.

Can't really recommend them highly enough, easiest car purchase i ever made.

The car came with 2 years dealer warranty, full service history a complete pre-check before I bought.

a year on and I've had no problems with the car at all and actually the most reliable I've ever purchased...

they provide a great service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Asha

Hi

I bought my car from Dream cars in Sandyford in 2008 (VW Golf) these guys share an office with des cullen cars that seemed to me as the only link.

was happy with these guys as they were honest and upfront about the whole process. my understanding was that they get cars from UK and Ireland...I have to admit its a bit different from the norm.... anyway I got the car I was looking for and it has served me well.

Hope this helps!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I got some quotes off them last year. They were upfront with the fact that the cars were imported. The nice thing was that you told them exactly what you wanted spec wise and they costed it up based on imports. As others said they sorted all the taxes and registration stuff. Seemed fairly good at what they do.

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I enquired with them about getting me an 09 E 250 cdi avantgarde. They emailed some cars available to them from the uk (which were straight off the autotrader website) and the price they offered them at was about 5k+ above what I could buy the car myself for. Now Im not complaining about that, Im sure they provide a very good service and they have to make a profit. Im just making the point that they are sourcing uk cars, looking after delivery, vrt etc, adding their margin and still arriving at a better price than the irish main dealers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

mickdw wrote: »
    I enquired with them about getting me an 09 E 250 cdi avantgarde. They emailed some cars available to them from the uk (which were straight off the autotrader website) and the price they offered them at was about 5k+ above what I could buy the car myself for. Now Im not complaining about that, Im sure they provide a very good service and they have to make a profit. Im just making the point that they are sourcing uk cars, looking after delivery, vrt etc, adding their margin and still arriving at a better price than the irish main dealers.

Why don't you save 5k and buy it yourself? Why give 5k+ to someone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I don't think they are related to Des Cullen apart from a shared office maybe. I used tobwork with one of the lads that set up Dream Cars.
    He seemed like a decent enough fella, the industry he was in previously was a world apart from the motor trade.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

as noted above they seem like nice people, but the prices I found a bit over the top for uk imports. About 3-4k more than doing it yourself. Of course if they will take a trade in from you and save you the hassle that may be worth it for some people.

Advertisement