Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen Crab Meat

Options
  • 28-01-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I am looking to get my hands on some frozen crab meat, but cannot for the life of me find any. Does anyone know where I could find some?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Does it have to be frozen? Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Well the only reason I asked about the frozen variety, as because the fresh stuff is expensive. €7 for 100g in M&S. Just wanna try out some recipes with it and dont fancy spending so much on experiments. Oh an am in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You can get frozen crab claws in many of the Asian supermarkets around the place. I don't know about other crab meat, but you can definitely get claws.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've defo seen chilled stuff in Tesco and Supervalue. Not frozen though, sorry. Try a fishmongers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

dunnes stores sell nolans fresh crab meat, 200g for 4.99e which is great value. it has a resonably long shelf life, refrigerated so no need to freeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

I got some Frozen crab in The fish mongers in Crumlin across the road from The Submarine Pub. Think it was 6 or 7 euro, but there was loads in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Go to your fishmonger. They often have it and even fresh crab will be a lot cheaper there than the supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Most of the Fishmongers in Howth would have Frozen Crab meat.

Advertisement