Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Busness start up - Need advice with Laptop / Printer

• 28-01-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi

I will be setting up as a sole trader and working for one large client.

I am lost as to what’s good and what’s bad in terms of laptops and printers. Ill outline exactly what I need and I would really appreciate your advice:

Laptop:
    Large quantities of email
    Ability to do detailed (word) reports
    Ability to upload photographs from digital camera
    Plenty of space - Will probably need an external HHD for backing up data
    Wifi
    Software to convert scans into adobe

Multifunction Printer / scanner / fax
    I will be doing a fair amount of printing and scanning each day.
    So the printer will need the ability to scan multi pages.

Apologies if above seems basic. i will be spending 80% of my days doing reports and scanning / printing / faxing and uploading photos.

Your advice is much appreciated.

I came across this website www.laptopsdirect.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

I have the Laptop sorted but any advice on Printer scanner? I would need a front loader not flat bed.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

you're probably better off getting a dedicated scanner and dedicated printer if you're doing a lot of both. Multifunctions are great, but, they'll generally come with flatbed scanners. I assume the printing is in colour as you mentioned photos, adobe etc... In that case, I'd look at price regarding cartridges and coverage per cartridge maybe a bit more than brand, especially if your'e doing quite a bit. May be worth your time contacting someone that supplies equipment to printing companies etc...

Advertisement