Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping boards e-mail notifications

Options
  • 28-01-2010 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Read through all the stickies above and coudn't seem to find an answer anywhere: How do you stop e-mail notifications from boards.ie when there's a reply to a thread? They're clogging up my inbox...

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Go here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to: Default Thread Subscription Mode

From the drop down select: No email notification.

Bottom of the page; Save Changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Hyperupdate

Go here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to: Default Thread Subscription Mode

From the drop down select: No email notification.

Bottom of the page; Save Changes.

Thank you for that post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hmmm. I did all that and I'm STILL getting e-mails when there's new replies to subscribed threads. Any ideas?

Hotaru wrote: »
    Hmmm. I did all that and I'm STILL getting e-mails when there's new replies to subscribed threads. Any ideas?

You'll need to remove the suscription from each thread now. That change will only apply to newly subscribed threads.

Go here and click the tick box on the right hand side of the threads you would like to remove the email notifications from. Scroll to the bottom of the page and in the drop-down select no email notification and select 'go'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Perfect, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Hyperupdate

You'll need to remove the subscription from each thread now. That change will only apply to newly subscribed threads.

Go here and click the tick box on the right hand side of the threads you would like to remove the email notifications from. Scroll to the bottom of the page and in the drop-down select no email notification and select 'go'.

Thank you. But I think you should leave them off when new people register by adjusting something in the newbies section of the admin CP ;)

I don't have access to the Admin control panel. I did think they were off by default anyway...

I'll ask if this can be moved to development...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

They've been turned on by default for years; it's there to help newbies find threads they've posted in (since Boards.ie is a bit of a labyrinth).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement