Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving back to Oz

Options
  • 28-01-2010 11:59am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Moved to Dublin in May 2006 for 12 months, so it has been a long year.

Have found myself with two permanent jobs. One in either country. My leave without pay for a year was extended to the maximum of 3 years in 2007. Since then I have been using up my Long Service Leave at half pay.

The time for a decision was approaching fast, which job to chuck in. I did apply for the Incentivised Career Break here, but it looks like that is not going to happen now. So reluctantly resigned my job in Dublin two weeks ago. Planning to see some stuff around Europe before heading back to Australia in late May. It's not easy to travel & have a full time job, and I used a lot of leave to make a trip back to renovate my house & rent it out.

Home is a five acre block inland a bit from Byron. A nice part of the world to live, but I will miss a lot of things about living in Ireland too.

Anyways, I think I will be frequenting this forum a bit now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

CabanSail wrote: »
    The time for a decision was approaching fast, which job to chuck in.

Welcome to the ANZ forum, I dont think I would be the first to say if only I had your dilemmas?

Zambia

Advertisement