Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV & Perlico

• 28-01-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

I've had UTV broadband for years & my landline is with Eircom.

Tried to browse the internet this morning but couldn't reach any webpages. All I got was a Perlico error page. I don't have the text of it with me at the moment but it contained a sql query and mentioned customer migration.

Anyone know if Perlico has acquired UTV's broadband business ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nope, Perlico is owned by Vodafone and neither of which own UTV.

Call UTV asap and find out if your account is still with them, it may be the case that somebody's done something to your account.....or it could be a routing issue on eircom's network perhaps.

Either way best to confirm with UTV what the story is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

They tell me it was an issue on their end that has been resolved now. Found it very strange though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Páid wrote: »
    They tell me it was an issue on their end that has been resolved now. Found it very strange though.

Sounds like incorrect routing on the eircom network then, I've seen stuff like that happen.

Its pretty rare though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dathai1

I had the same issue and error messages also on the 28th.
    ('Perlico' in title bar and 'password expired on a SQL server' error message).
    Could get into a very limited set of websites and also update my anti virus.

Rang UTV on the 29th and the error did not seem to mean anything to them. Was told that it may be my firewall and to try turning that off. Had random success after turning that off and on again and using other browsers (IE / Firefox).

Eventually got Chrome working after I cleared my cookies, etc. (Browsing history auto cleared on my non default browsers).

Long and the short of it, I suspect UTV (or their provider) made changes and this invalidated cookies. (One of the web sites that had continued to work is a banking site, cookies would have expired anyway.)

Far as I know UTV are resellers for BT. BT have merged some of their operations with Vodafone. Vodafone now own Perlico. So in a roundabout way, I think all us UTV customers are dealing with Perlico!

Dathai1 wrote: »
    Far as I know UTV are resellers for BT. BT have merged some of their operations with Vodafone. Vodafone now own Perlico. So in a roundabout way, I think all us UTV customers are dealing with Perlico!

Nope,
    Like Vodafone and Perlico, UTV is a reseller for Eircom wholesales bit-stream product.

Vodafone have taken over BT's LLU network and the associated customers but this in no way affects either UTV or Perlico the same as it doesn't affect Imagine or Eircom

• Advertisement
Advertisement