Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crit My Site (in Progress)

Options
  • 28-01-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so its a pretty basic site but its really all I need .... or rather all I THINK I need. Obviously I'm gonna keep tweaking but I'm happy enough with layout, colour pallet etc. but just want to get some feedback.

http://www.paranormal.ie

Be gentle with me though .... I'm hormonal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Looks good - well done!

I'd increase the font size and line spacing (and paragraph margins) to make it easier to read.

Some pages are text-justified, others not - I'd be consistent with one or the other.

I'd also lose the internal scrollbars so that the content appears on a page with just the main browser scrollbars.

I'd also have the main navigation as rollovers - use the "current page" highlight image for mouseover, and revert when mouseout.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I'd also have the main navigation as rollovers - use the "current page" highlight image for mouseover, and revert when mouseout.

+1 to that.

Interesting site by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah I'm having an issue with how I see the text (on a mac, firefox 3.5.7) and how its appearing for others. Size, spacing etc look fine here but am looking into it.

The rollover buttons is a good suggestion and should be nice and simple to sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It's quite thin. You could easily and safely use another 150 pixels in width.

(Zoltar joke for making bigger goes here)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

6th - very nice and well designed site, interesting content too, I've visited in the past.

I would just say for the locations page, there is a lot of content there and quite a lot of scrolling if you are not sure what you are looking for.

What I would suggest is an index of each location on the top of the page. Then when you click on one of the locations in the index it simply jumps to the relevant paragraph using anchors.

Here is an example of what I mean, and is also a page detailing how to do it - 2 birds! ;)
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

jebuz wrote: »
    6th - very nice and well designed site, interesting content too, I've visited in the past.

I would just say for the locations page, there is a lot of content there and quite a lot of scrolling if you are not sure what you are looking for.

What I would suggest is an index of each location on the top of the page. Then when you click on one of the locations in the index it simply jumps to the relevant paragraph using anchors.

Here is an example of what I mean, and is also a page detailing how to do it - 2 birds! ;)
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html

Excellent suggestion, I'll have to work that in cos the list is only going to get bigger.

Advertisement