Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Battlefield Bad Company Beta on Live now!

• 28-01-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Wohooo

@OfficialBFBC2: Surprise Reveal: Xbox 360 Battlefield Bad Company 2 MP Demo is live on Xbox Marketplace! Go get it!!!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Great, downloading now..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Think thats the fastest I've ever downloaded a game off xbl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Gah, another 4 hrs to go before I get anywhere near it!! Too much stuff out this weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

downloading now... awww yea

add me for a few games later... loved the first one and can see myself playing this one to death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I was gonna pick up MAG tomorrow, but i might not bother if this is as good as it looks in the vidoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

do I have to get it?
    Is there an unlock you loose out on for now playing the demo?

Just I aint got time for all the full games I have to bother wasting time on a Demo. Its not like im not buying the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

So what's the story with this?

Is there a single player mode? (I hope not, means all the efforts went into multiplayer)
    Can you access vehicles in multiplayer?
    How many are in the game at once? 16v16 8v8??

How many bullets does it take to kill someone for say an assault rifle, 2 or 3?

Are there different classes? Medic by any chance?

Vegeta wrote: »
    So what's the story with this?

Is there a single player mode? (I hope not, means all the efforts went into multiplayer)
    Can you access vehicles in multiplayer?
    How many are in the game at once? 16v16 8v8??

How many bullets does it take to kill someone for say an assault rifle, 2 or 3?

Are there different classes? Medic by any chance?
    The games i played were 16 on 16.

Yes you can have med packs i believe, and drop them for others, and you get decent bonuses for it too. as well as vehicle repairs and ammo drops.

I presume there is a single player mode yea. Judging from the trailers. 1st one was awesome so id say this will be fairly good too.

As for how many shots with an assault rifle, i dont know.... i only used the m24 sniper... headshots all round... went 16 and 1 with it. in my second match. as an attacker.... :D:D:D:D:D.. i was killed fairly quick by assault rifles so id say only a few bullets.

Vehicles... theres LOADS!!!.. and you parachute in at the start !!!

controls have been revamped now too. Right Bumper is instant melee. Left bumper is grenade and y changes between the two weapons.

They just released a single player trailer the other day

It looks deadly but I have no interest in anything but the multiplayer :) me want!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So anyone played this yet?

Just played two rounds there, was a big fan of Bad Company and BF1943, but this BF2 demo is a big let down.

Graphically its no improvement over BFBC1, could be a step backward really, I thought it looked terrible, not as nice as it does in the vids. And plays kinda crap too, it feels really slow and awkward. Just my thoughts, really hope the finished thing is a lot better.

Will get stuck in now again, and probably come back here than and edit out my criticism of the game when if I end up loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Game is unreal, only wish it wasn't that snow map!

Pros:

Seems a hell of alot more balanced.
    Enemies die so much quicker.
    Lots of gadgets upgrades etc.
    It seems its going to take awhile to rank up(which is a good thing imo same as BF2 on the PC)

Cons:

Graphics aren't as good as they looked in the videos I will agree.
    Grenade launchers still aren't 1 hit kill... so far anyway.
    Controls I wasn't a fan of straight away..

I can see myself playing this game like I did with BF2 on the pc a second religion :rolleyes:

Did you join my game yesterday Korvanica? I went over to jump up and down in front of you but was blown out of it by a tank on the way hahaha.

We will have to get a game going over the weekend when im off?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

haha , no that was bad company one... or maybe i was in a game with you i don't remember, was i hiding in a bush with a sniper by any chance?... id defo be up for getting a game going yea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Also, why is there no prone in Battlefield games, it really takes away from the Recon class, that he has to snipe either standing up or crouching.

Must give this demo another go, really want to like it, I have the limited edition pre-ordered, but its out in March, and I don't see a lot of the problems with demo being fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I played last night.
    Must agree about the graphics, hope other maps will look better.
    Control is odd, and I'd like to get the old style back, I think it can be changed in the options. I like the balance, it is much more realistik.
    Did you guys notice that less damage made to the buildings then in BC1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Honestly i can't believe there is no tutorial in the demo, How the F do you control those helicopters!!! ☺

Also i agree the controls do feel chunky, trying to get up stairs in a house can be tricky sometimes, then to top it off there is always a dude camping up there!!!! ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Evening play is usually lagging. I played this morning and it was fine. Didn't enjoy it last night becouse of lots of lags and slow, comptely different story when I played this morning. I hope by release date they will fix it.

Also in options you can change control back to BC1, haven't tried yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Evening play is usually lagging. I played this morning and it was fine. Didn't enjoy it last night becouse of lots of lags and slow, comptely different story when I played this morning. I hope by release date they will fix it.

Also in options you can change control back to BC1, haven't tried yet though.

they were doing maintenance yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Finally gave this a go last night since i was sick of MW2.

And i was plesently surprised. Controls took a bit of time to get accustomed to but once i had done that i was flying.

Chose the Recon class to try my hand at some sniping. It felt very real...Dropping in looking for a nice spot to lay down some fire on the battlefield.No gimicks no perks nothing to give any player a distinctive edge.

The game type aswell was very engaging. It was called rush so defence and attack. With the match moving along as the attackers took positions.

I think this game may have just become a must buy for me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

COD has ruined me. Honestly, without a red dot showing me where the enemies are I'm lost. Graphically, I think it looks fine. Accelerate/reverse thankfully is finally controlled by the triggers. My biggest grip with BF games, and this one is no improvement, is that the weapons feel "weightless" - there's no sense of power to them at all.

Dying to see some the new maps.. Whats the release date again? The 5th of march?

• Advertisement

The demo is brilliant!

Game is very good IMO. Gonna buy the game when it comes out.

Its annoying that you can't completely lay down for sniping but you get used to it. I also mostly use the recon class. Blowing tanks/APCs up with C4 is fun :D

As for red dot sights, yes I want one badly!!

The iron sights on the Scar L are ok.

I don't like the way there is only 1 map in the demo which was 1.35GB in size.

Its seems as though you can unlock all the badge's and insignia's, 1 special item(extra turret for the tank) 4-5 weapons?

I hope they have alot more badge's and insignia's though, I enjoyed that in the previous battlefield games.

the uav is great as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

My only complaint is the shaking when yuo're trying to snipe. EVERY little explosion seems to make the camera go all over the gaff, making it impossible for me to hit ANYTHING. Stupid camera...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

My biggest grip with BF games, and this one is no improvement, is that the weapons feel "weightless" - there's no sense of power to them at all.

Try not using unlocks..... If you look at all the good expierenced BF2 players they never use unlocks only the basic weapons. I noticed this was the same with Bad company 1 I only ever used the m16 and it was good.
    Just cause some thing is a rewarded unlock dose not mean its any good.

BTW sugs I still have not downloaded this yet..... I know ya want me to come on and play last night but I just find it hard to get time to play all the full games I have to waste time on Demo`s.
    I have the game preordered for both PC and Xbox so I will play it pleanty then.

Played it last night, its deadly. Made me go and have a game of BC straight away. You can pick it up for about a tenner and it still has full games a plenty esp on PS3.

The feedback is there in BC 1 and it will be in the retail version too. I actually prefer the guns to some of the ones in MW2 esp the noise when you reload your grenade launcher *PLUNK* great game I just hope the traidionatl Battlefield game type is in the retail version because its still the best.

This is an old Demo at this stage, the final title will look much better.

to those complaining about no red dot there will be red dots in the full game.
    Slugs wrote: »
    making it impossible for me to hit ANYTHING. Stupid camera...

I have no problems sniping, sure its not just you? :D
    Try not using unlocks.....

eh its tough to use the m24 over the m95 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive been playing this on PC since the beta started and am loving it.
    Got it yesterday on the 360 and was shocked how poor it looks compared to pc.
    Yeah ofcourse PC will always have superior visuals once you have a decent spec pc but the difference was a lot bigger in this title compared to the COD games,fifa,Borderlands,Mass Efffect,Dragon Age etc

I havent played the 360 version much [pc version keeps calling me :)], just ran around to check out the gfx so cant comment on gameplay but im sure its pretty decent.

btw, there are red dots in the pc beta,cant comment on 360 version yet however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Do you need a CD key to play this Beta?

(Apologies if its already been answered)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You dont need cd key for xbox version, its in the marketplace in demos.
    For pc yes you need the have pre ordered the game which guarantees you beta access unless you got a beta key elsewhere,a few sites were giving them away last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

korvanica wrote:
    I have no problems sniping, sure its not just you?

I seem to recall you whinging about not being able to get a headshot on someone standing still last night ;) so shhh :P

Advertisement