Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Battlefield Bad Company Beta on Live now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Do you need a CD key to play this Beta?

(Apologies if its already been answered)
    Nah man, just browse all games on the game marketplace, go to the B section and it's under BF: Bad company 2. 1.69 gigs dl. Enjoy while it's there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

After a few days of playing I should say its really, really good, even with a new control. But only one thing is killing me: showing the killer after the death. If you sniper, you need to move away, as you location is shown. That is not close to reallity at all. I wonder if they can change it in the release, relaying on comunnity feedback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Well it's not very revealing, after all you can only see the front of your killer, and a very limited view of his area, so unless it's somewhere blatant, like in the construction site, or on top of a house, you're going to have a hard time finding him. And even if you do know where he is, what're the odds, unless he's your nemesis or it's in your best interest, that you're going to get to him. The only people who suffer from the kill cam are snipers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

been playing this since yesterday and love it have to say. I quite like the way the battles seem to move back and forward in waves :)

anyone fancies a game with me add me my xbox tag is M1JU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

had a savage game with dazors just there... class... serious tank rapage going on... two of us had 3k points while nexe nearest was around 900-1000

Check this out...

:D Great stuff

• Advertisement

No more lags notices, game is stable is very dynamic. I love it.
    Recently managed to get 21 000 points, that was amazing. Much more fun than BC1. I'm looking forward to getting the full game in March, pre-ordered limited for a price of a standard, its available for pre-orders only I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Korvanica wrote: »
    had a savage game with dazors just there... class... serious tank rapage going on... two of us had 3k points while nexe nearest was around 900-1000

Check this out...

:D Great stuff

How do ya get the uav?

at the attackers base. its a stand that looks a bit like a computer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

nearly have 10 hours in the demo.. something tells me im going to enjoy the full game :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    nearly have 10 hours in the demo.. something tells me im going to enjoy the full game :rolleyes:

got a similiar amount put in and have been flying up the leaderboards. current skill level is 196 out of 200 :D

whats your gamertag?

• Advertisement

daz0rz

ill be going on for a few games tonight after I get a bit of grub!

daz0rz

ill be going on for a few games tonight after I get a bit of grub!

added ya there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Getting into this game now At the start it was just mmmhhh but now i am starting to enjoy it. Played with Slugs and Korvancia at some stage and also played with MiJu. These people know how to play the game. Should be on at some stage tonight if i can drag myself away from chime or MW2 and i really need to Finish Assassains Creed 2 as well. Damn Work.:mad::mad::mad:

ill add you cable guy, maybe we could get a 4 person squad going wit korvanica and miju?

Whats your gamertag?

sounds good. I might not be online till late tonight if at all..

ill add you cable guy, maybe we could get a 4 person squad going wit korvanica and miju?

Whats your gamertag?

Cableguy IE

Whats your gamertag?

sounds like a good plan. Had a really great game with Cableguy in my squad with the two of us literally running riot and rolling over a full team on the other side in about 5 minutes LOL (gotta love squad spawns) :D:D:D:D

Is there voice chat on this demo btw? I rarely turn on my wireless headset to find this out.

Just to Remind people that this is a timed demo and finishes on the 25th of Feb.
    I am starting to enjoy this spent most of the game yesterday just driving the ATV. Still can't get use to the chopper. And you Get 100 points if you kill the little chopper that you can control at the attackers base.

at what time do you play guys?

im on now at the moment if anyone fancies a game

• Advertisement

anyone still playing this demo ? wouldnt mind a few games with some boardsies. Haven't stopped playing the demo and have managed to on average get a 20-1 K/D ratio per game which has put me in the 10,000 on the leaderboards which I dont think is too shabby :)

So guys, the demo is coming to its end, what score have you got by the end of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Denisoftus wrote: »
    So guys, the demo is coming to its end, what score have you got by the end of it?

Haven't played it in about a week but don't want to play it again till its in my hand. PC specific stuff here, shows some new stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Know its abit off topic but saw a review for it on gamespot wher it got a 9.5 and was impressed by the trailer above. So was wondering is it any good?
    Been playing cowmw2 since launch and same as every one else getting sick of it . Never played the first bad company so don't know what the game is like. From the trailer it looks like a cross between halo with the vehicals and mw2.Would I be right in thinking this?
    Anything you guys could tell me about it would be appreciated as am considering getting rid of mw2 and getting this instead when its released.

I played MW2 and wasn't impressed at all after playing BC2. It is completely different multiplayer, maps are much bigger, only destructable buildings on its own are worth while getting it.

I thing today is the last day of the demo, so you still have a chance to try it out.

Its similar to Modern Warfare but with massive maps and classes(Medic Engineer etc etc) oh and deadly destructive enviorments:

If your still weary I recommend picking up bad company 1 for a tenner before hand. Still loads of people playing it and the maps are class esp the Golf club one :)

didnt get a chance to play it in the last few days but last I checked my score was in the top 6,000 on the leaderboards and my kill rate was in the top 4000.

Have REALLY learned to use the UAV to devastating effect these days. It's obviously great at clearing tanks and at destroying MCOM stations with Destruction 2.0. I've managed to get my head around aiming at same time as flying at speed , descending, ascending and banking so it doesnt get shot down. VERY , VERY frustrating when someone is using the UAV on your team though and doesnt realise it's a support vehicle FFS and just flies around firing hellfires at 1 person while someone on the opposite team is in a tank hammering your team.

Biggest K/D ration so far I got was 60 / 1 :D:D:D:D:D . Gotta say this game is ALOT better than the latest MW offering online anyways.

Pretty good results, where did you see the leaderboard for demo?
    I'm looking forward to getting my pre-ordered limited ed, there would be fun. can't wait.

Pretty good results, where did you see the leaderboard for demo?

in the main menu theres a leaderboards section or you can also find it in "my stats" as well I think.

• Advertisement

TV SPOT WIN

Advertisement